FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Is there a way to make the RSS feeds for private forums unavailable to non-members (RSS feeds have been showing topic headers from private forums)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Is there a way to make the RSS feeds for private forums unavailable to non-members [message #161753] Tue, 02 February 2010 23:29 Go to next message
JeffB is currently offline  JeffB   United States
I thought the RSS feed button was a great idea, but when I installed it via a Firefox extension, I noticed that some of the topic headings were from a private forum for the moderators to discuss things.

I hoped that it was just because I was a moderator, but another moderator logged on as a regular member and saw those feeds as well. He couldn't click on the feeds and get into the private forums, fortunately, but they were still displayed.

Is there anything in the settings we can do to turn that off.

Perhaps this should go in the suggestions forum, but it seems to me that it would be a good idea to have it turned off by default.
Re: Is there a way to make the RSS feeds for private forums unavailable to non-members [message #161757 is a reply to message #161753] Wed, 03 February 2010 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
See "XML Authentication" @ XML Syndication Management.
Re: Is there a way to make the RSS feeds for private forums unavailable to non-members [message #161764 is a reply to message #161757] Wed, 03 February 2010 13:21 Go to previous message
JeffB is currently offline  JeffB   United States
naudefj wrote on Tue, 02 February 2010 23:05
See "XML Authentication" @ XML Syndication Management.

Thanks.

It looks like it was my mistake anyway. Another mod switched to his wife's computer and tried and those threads from the private forum no longer showed up with a regular user's account. It must have been the cookies which were still there on his computer even after he switched identities.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Newsgroup Manager query.
Next Topic: Is there a way to integrate with Open ID?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 10:04:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02192 seconds