FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Private forums displayed in RSS?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Private forums displayed in RSS? [message #160503] Sat, 19 September 2009 19:28 Go to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   
Hi there. I have a subforum on my site which is limited to a specific group of invitees for private development discussion. I'd never noticed this before, but I've just seen a post I'd created in that assumed private subforum quite publicly displayed in the RSS feed from the site (fortunately it wasn't anything embarrassing or earthshattering).

Is this normal behaviour or have I got something set wrong?
Re: Private forums displayed in RSS? [message #160504 is a reply to message #160503] Sat, 19 September 2009 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
As far as I understand it depends on how you configure it. Look at the "XML Authentication" and "User id" settings at http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/XML_Syndication_Management
Re: Private forums displayed in RSS? [message #160507 is a reply to message #160504] Sat, 19 September 2009 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   
Excellent, that fixed it - thanks!

It's easy to inadvertently broadcast private info; if I could make a suggestion, in the RDF Feed Management control panel it might not be a bad idea to include an explicit warning next to "RDF Feed Enabled" for the unwary - something of this sort:

Note that by default, your RDF feed will display all messages posted to your forum. If you have subforums which are intended to be viewed by privileged users only, enable "RDF Authentication before proceeding". Authentication "yes" and User ID "zero" grants viewers of the RDF stream the same viewing privileges "anonymous" forum users have.

I know that info is implied later, but we don't want some dummy who clicks OK without reading closely (erm, like myself) missing it Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 19 September 2009 21:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Private forums displayed in RSS? [message #160510 is a reply to message #160507] Sun, 20 September 2009 06:58 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Will do.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: how to manage private messages?
Next Topic: LDAP Integration
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 03:46:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07426 seconds