FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » some heavy changes possible?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
some heavy changes possible? [message #160679] Mon, 12 October 2009 19:41 Go to next message
Tranquillo is currently offline  Tranquillo   Germany
Hi there,

i should built a tool for participation und for this i will take a simple forumsoftware and reconstruct it to my ideas. And for this iam looking arround for a software that make my ideas possible the easiest way.

The most heaviest change i think should be the so called 3 way view. This means that under the first post in a topic are 3 colums. Each of them is like a complete topicgroup (what i call a topicgroup is in this forum here for example 'Bug Reports', 'FUDforum Announcements' or 'Translations').

what do you think, is it possible to rebuilt a FUDforum that it can be used in this way?

I didnt know the code of FUDforum, how much time would it spent for me to built this changes? (Im not a hardcore programmer, but i start coding in 1997 with pascal, C und assembler in the last years i make some little und midsize projects for me and my company with php/sql)

thanks and kind regards,
Rob
Re: some heavy changes possible? [message #160681 is a reply to message #160679] Mon, 12 October 2009 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I'm not exactly sure what you want to do, however it is fairly easy to change the forum's templates. In fact, many sites modify their forums to such an extent that it's not recognizable as a typical FUDforum installation anymore.
Re: some heavy changes possible? [message #160688 is a reply to message #160681] Tue, 13 October 2009 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tranquillo is currently offline  Tranquillo   United Kingdom
I tried to paint it for you. Very Happy
Please take a look to the attachment.

The most importent change are the 3 indepentend threats under the startposting. Split in the 3 categories PRO, CONTRA and EDIT.
  • Attachment: all2.jpg
    (Size: 131.99KB, Downloaded 913 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 11:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: some heavy changes possible? [message #160693 is a reply to message #160688] Wed, 14 October 2009 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Looks interesting!

It might take you some time to implement, but it is definitely doable.
icon14.gif  Re: some heavy changes possible? [message #160694 is a reply to message #160679] Wed, 14 October 2009 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tranquillo is currently offline  Tranquillo   United Kingdom
ok, great.
Than I will start my work now. Very Happy
What would you say, is the best point to get in to start the work. (which file/function/class...)?

thank you
Re: some heavy changes possible? [message #160696 is a reply to message #160694] Wed, 14 October 2009 10:49 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
A good start may be to edit msg.tmpl, look for the MSG_PAGE entry. You can add your HTML to the bottom of it. The easiest might be to code 3 iframes and just load the relevant URL's into it.

PS: Remember to rebuild your theme to see the changes!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Where is the quoting down for nntp replies?
Next Topic: Internal Server Error upon going RC1 >> RC2
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 12:40:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02741 seconds