FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Is there a way to integrate with Open ID? (Can FUD be set up to accept Open ID log-ins for passwords & registrations?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Is there a way to integrate with Open ID? [message #161755] Tue, 02 February 2010 23:40 Go to next message
JeffB is currently offline  JeffB   United States
Hello,

I'm wondering if FUD Forums has an option for allowing members to use Open ID for their registration &/or passwords.

OpenID allows you to use an existing account to sign in to multiple websites, without needing to create new passwords.

http://openid.net/get-an-openid/what-is-openid/
Re: Is there a way to integrate with Open ID? [message #161758 is a reply to message #161755] Wed, 03 February 2010 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Not yet. However, it's definitely something we need to add sooner rather than later. Please let us know if you would be to help us to implement it.
Re: Is there a way to integrate with Open ID? [message #161765 is a reply to message #161758] Wed, 03 February 2010 13:24 Go to previous message
JeffB is currently offline  JeffB   United States
naudefj wrote on Tue, 02 February 2010 23:11
Not yet. However, it's definitely something we need to add sooner rather than later. Please let us know if you would be to help us to implement it.

Do you mean as a user? I'm no programmer.

I would definitely be interested in looking into it more. I'd like to have it be very easy for users to register. We are pretty persnickety, however, in trying to keep out spammers and others who may be there to cause trouble. We really like to have a valid email on file as well, and I'm not sure if that would do that for us, but I think it might.

If there is a way to simplify things for people to register and yet still give us that little bit of backup security we would definitely be interested in it, however.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Is there a way to make the RSS feeds for private forums unavailable to non-members
Next Topic: Enable/Disable new user registration ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 09:36:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03522 seconds