FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Configuring FUDForum to use Exim MTA (Mail Transfer)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Configuring FUDForum to use Exim MTA [message #167470] Wed, 27 June 2012 06:59 Go to next message
Desmond is currently offline  Desmond
Hello All
I am build a website for my Radio Club. www.desitronics.com/cvrs. Thay are using a yahoo reflector at the moment to send messages to the group but keep having problems with the reflector. I have looked around and found FUDForum. I'm not a web developer i'm an engineer. I have set the forum up using CRON with a 15 min
interval between mail checks as advised by the host. This is not vary good. The host is using Exim MTA. Is there anyone who could help me configure FUDForum to use the Exim MTA.

Kind Regards
Desmond Mardle BSc MIEEE
Re: Configuring FUDForum to use Exim MTA [message #167471 is a reply to message #167470] Wed, 27 June 2012 07:35 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, it's much better to pipe the messages into FUDforum. I haven't done it with Exim before, but this should more or less work:

Edit /etc/valiases/company.com

Assuming that we are creating aliases for the e-mail addresses forum1(at)company(dot)com and forum2(at)company(dot)com, we will create the corresponding entries in the aliases file as follows:

forum1: | /full/path/to/scripts/maillist.php 1
forum2: | /full/path/to/scripts/maillist.php 2

Once the aliases file has been edited and saved, you will have to execute the newaliases command.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How I can disable the email address?
Next Topic: "Walled garden"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 04:10:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02508 seconds