FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES [message #18160] Tue, 11 May 2004 20:11 Go to next message
Alpha Male is currently offline  Alpha Male   United States
I just installed FUDForum 2.6.2, PHP and MySQL on Win2003 running IIS.

The install went fine but I get the following error at the top of the home page when I first hit the forum.

Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES in C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\FUDforum\include\core.inc on line 47

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\FUDforum\include\core.inc:47) in C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\forum\index.php on line 937

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\FUDforum\include\core.inc:47) in C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\forum\index.php on line 938

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\FUDforum\include\core.inc:47) in C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\forum\index.php on line 939

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\FUDforum\include\core.inc:47) in C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\forum\index.php on line 347

Notice: Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.com\forum\index.php on line 354
Re: Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES [message #18161 is a reply to message #18160] Tue, 11 May 2004 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you using PHP as CGI? Also, What do you have set of gpc_order, variables_order?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES [message #18162 is a reply to message #18161] Tue, 11 May 2004 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm running PHP via the ISAPI interface.

I don't know what gpc_order and variables_order are. Both PHP and MySQL is new to me. Where should I look for those settings?

BTW: This is a great software package. If it's not private information, how many installs do you think you guys have out on the Internet?
Re: Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES [message #18163 is a reply to message #18162] Tue, 11 May 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
These are options inside php.ini configuration file.

As for number of installs there about 150-200 thousand.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES [message #18164 is a reply to message #18163] Wed, 12 May 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
variables_order = "EGPCS"

gpc_order = "GPC"

150K to 200K is very impressive. You should boast that on your web site.
Re: Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES [message #18167 is a reply to message #18164] Wed, 12 May 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I changed the php.ini config setting to

output_buffering = On

and now I only get the following

Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES in C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.net\FUDforum\include\core.inc on line 47

Notice: Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in C:\Inetpub\www.myserver.net\forum\index.php on line 354
Re: Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES [message #18174 is a reply to message #18167] Wed, 12 May 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The _COOKIES & QUERY_STRING not being available is technically a PHP bug, although for unavailable _COOKIES I've made an easy work-around. This is a PHP bug that will be fixed in the next PHP release.

Meanwhile set your error reporting level to E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE inside your php.ini

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Notice: Undefined variable: _COOKIES [message #18198 is a reply to message #18174] Thu, 13 May 2004 05:25 Go to previous message
That did it. Everything is working just fine now. A few of my users have already used the forum and it's a hit.

Nice software and great support!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: The URL of my forum is not working
Next Topic: Malformed header from script error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 12:52:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03378 seconds