FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » How big can FUDForum go?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  How big can FUDForum go? [message #21539] Thu, 02 December 2004 22:34 Go to next message
Watchnut is currently offline  Watchnut   United States
Hi everyone:

I was wondering if someone could point me to the largest FUDforums currently running. That is....what site has an instance of FUD running with the most forums/posts. I am very curious how the forum functions under extreme loads (holding several hundred thousand, or even several million, messages across multiple forums).

So how big can FUD go? Are there actual real-world examples of FUD installations with post counts into the millions?

Thanks very much in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Michael
Re: How big can FUDForum go? [message #23338 is a reply to message #21539] Sun, 13 March 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LastQuark   United States
I just saw a busy one in Star Tribune. Check it out here:

http://online.startribune.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=10&

Re: How big can FUDForum go? [message #24248 is a reply to message #21539] Wed, 20 April 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s03nk3   Germany
Hm, can't see any stats for this startribune.com forum, but http://online.startribune.com/forum/index.php?t=online_today doesn't look like it is a large one.

Can someone point me to a FUDforum wich is large in terms of users online (not number of messages, registered users, ...)?
I'm speaking of about 1k users online during a 15min session.
All FUDforum installation I saw until now were tiny ones with no more than 100 users online in parallel.

I know that FUDforum performs well with a few dozen users even on smaller webservers, but there's no experience how it behaves on a high-volume site.
Re: How big can FUDForum go? [message #24249 is a reply to message #24248] Wed, 20 April 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Try Sun Microsystems support forums, they are running on FUDforum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How big can FUDForum go? [message #24251 is a reply to message #24249] Thu, 21 April 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s03nk3   Germany
Ilia schrieb am Do, 21 April 2005 01:33

Try Sun Microsystems support forums, they are running on FUDforum.
Looking at the list of logged-in users at these forums, this doesn't appear to be big (e.g. currently "There are 0 members(s), 0 invisible members and 8 guest(s) visiting this board." on Sun Java Enterprise System Forums).
It's nevertheless impressive that Sun uses FUDforum.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2005 02:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How big can FUDForum go? [message #24252 is a reply to message #24251] Thu, 21 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There are several other large users, of the forum, but I am under NDA not to disclose them. However, because they are online creative use of Google (or any other search engine) can be used to locate them.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How big can FUDForum go? [message #24268 is a reply to message #24252] Thu, 21 April 2005 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dennisp is currently offline  dennisp   Belize
go to www.(any-search-engine).com

fudforum + there are + member(s) + invisible members

came up with quite a few.....

this google link should work..but maybe not... Smile

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=fudforum+%2B+there+are+%2B +member%28s%29+%2B+invisible+members&btnG=Search
Re: How big can FUDForum go? [message #24513 is a reply to message #21539] Sat, 30 April 2005 14:55 Go to previous message
ryana is currently offline  ryana   Sweden
Ilia,
maybe if you came back under a different login and shared info....NDA or no NDA, who would know Laughing

Hehe J/K

Ryan

So the signature text comes here right?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: All you assw1pes better read this
Next Topic: Security Announcements
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 11:31:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04566 seconds