FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Change value source for number of PMs in list
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Change value source for number of PMs in list [message #30442] Sat, 25 February 2006 21:13 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Currently the value for the number of private messages to list in a page seems to use the same value as the one for the number of messages to display in a thread. I set this count low to avoid reloading lengthy posts I've already read when I go back to read new posts on a thread, and ended up with my PM message list broken into a bunch of tiny pages.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the "list of PMs" value set to use "Topics per page" instead of "Messages per page"?
Re: Change value source for number of PMs in list [message #30446 is a reply to message #30442] Sun, 26 February 2006 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No, because private messages are messages not topics. But it would be fairly simple to change the pager in your own forum given your settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Change value source for number of PMs in list [message #30452 is a reply to message #30446] Sun, 26 February 2006 06:55 Go to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Ilia wrote on Sun, 26 February 2006 00:46

No, because private messages are messages not topics. But it would be fairly simple to change the pager in your own forum given your settings.

It seems to me that a list of links to PMs is more similar to a list of links to threads than it is to a page display of messages, but, OK. I was originally going to ask for a new field on the register page but it occurred to me that the other value would work as well.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: "Tooltips" for the formatting bar
Next Topic: Request to change some thread links
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 14:30:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02732 seconds