FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Minor layout suggestions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Minor layout suggestions [message #36253] Sat, 10 March 2007 17:46 Go to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   Germany
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
1) I noticed that there is an additional blank line before the tab row if I click on "Show Own Posts", but not on the other pages I can reach with the tab menu. I think that is a bit irritating.

2) If there are no messages in a forum then there is a corresponding text shown ("There are no messages in this forum."). But I in my opinion the position where this text appears (above the table of the thread listing) is strange.

I attached a patch with my suggested changes for each issue.
Re: Minor layout suggestions [message #36265 is a reply to message #36253] Sun, 11 March 2007 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The showposts tweak is a good idea, I've applied it to the CVS.

The second is a bit problematic since it breaks HTML, you are putting a span into a <table> tag without the appropriate <tr><td> block.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Minor layout suggestions [message #36296 is a reply to message #36253] Wed, 14 March 2007 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   Germany
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
You are right, the second patch is bad. I have now attached a completely new patch which should contain a better solution. While testing my patch I have found some HTML errors, my suggested changes for these are also in this patch.

By the way, is there currently a problem with the CVS server, I can't access it at the moment?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 March 2007 17:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Minor layout suggestions [message #36351 is a reply to message #36296] Sun, 18 March 2007 18:24 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I've applied some of the suggested fixes, the no results bit, hiding of empty next/prev links, and double tag close.

I didn't include the removal tag close link bit from <link> tag and the alt tag addition.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Cannot set "Allow email"
Next Topic: FUDForum Development
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 12:07:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01888 seconds