FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Hidden Categories and Forums
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Hidden Categories and Forums [message #1254] Fri, 29 March 2002 12:16 Go to next message
WhiteFire is currently offline  WhiteFire   United States
What does making a forum or catagory hidden acomplish, other than it not showing up on the list?
Re: Hidden Categories and Forums [message #1257 is a reply to message #1254] Fri, 29 March 2002 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
WhiteFire wrote on Fri, 29 March 2002 7:16 AM

What does making a forum or catagory hidden acomplish, other than it not showing up on the list?

Hidden forums have additional functionality. Messages post in those forums will not appear anywhere else but the forum. Which means search engine will not look @ them, showposts won't show them and on the user's profile page posts in such a forum will not appear as their last post.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Hidden Categories and Forums [message #6636 is a reply to message #1257] Sun, 20 October 2002 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas is currently offline  Thomas   United States
So how does one create a hidden category/forum in the current FudForum version? I looked in the documentation and controls and can't find that anywhere. I'd like to use this feature to set up a private administrator's forum.
Re: Hidden Categories and Forums [message #6637 is a reply to message #6636] Sun, 20 October 2002 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Read the docs, specifically the docs about permissions system.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Hidden Categories and Forums [message #6641 is a reply to message #6637] Sun, 20 October 2002 17:13 Go to previous message
Thomas is currently offline  Thomas   United States
Thanks. I found it. Sorry for the dumb question. I was just looking in the wrong place.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Future of FUD
Next Topic: yo!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 03:45:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02344 seconds