FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8453] Wed, 29 January 2003 18:38 Go to next message
easy-e is currently offline  easy-e   Germany

Hi @ all!
I want to change our Community http://datadust.cjb.net to a FUDForum. But the openBB Converter from the Downloadsection doesn't work Crying or Very Sad
When i start the openbb.php conversion script following Errors occures:
Quote:

Beginning Conversion Process

Fatal error: Ein SQL Fehler ist aufgetreten, bitte kontaktiere den Administrator des Forums und laß ihn die Logdatei der SQL-Abfragen durchsehen. in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/kunden/web8/html/FUD/forum/include/theme/default/er r.inc on line 102

And here are the last Lines in my "err.inc":
{
	if( db_locked() ) db_unlock();

if( empty($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PATH_TRANSLATED']) ) $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PATH_TRANSLATED'] = $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['argv'][0];

$error_msg = "(".basename($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PATH_TRANSLATED']).") ".$error_number.": ".$error_string."<br />\n";
	$error_msg .= "Query: ".htmlspecialchars($query)."<br />\n";
	$error_msg .= "Server Version: ".$server_version."<br />\n";
	if( !empty($GLOBALS["HTTP_SERVER_VARS"]["HTTP_REFERER"]) ) $error_msg .= "[Referring Page] ".$GLOBALS["HTTP_SERVER_VARS"]["HTTP_REFERER"].&qu ot;<br />\n";

if( !error_log('['.gmdate("D M j G:i:s T Y", __request_timestamp__).'] '.base64_encode($error_msg)."\n", 3, $GLOBALS['ERROR_PATH'].'sql_errors') ) {
		echo "<b>UNABLE TO WRITE TO SQL LOG FILE</b><br>\n";
		echo $error_msg;
	} else {
		if( isset($GLOBALS['usr']) && $GLOBALS['usr']->is_mod == 'A' ) 
			echo $error_msg;
		else	
			trigger_error('Ein SQL Fehler ist aufgetreten, bitte kontaktiere den <a href="mailto:'.$GLOBALS['ADMIN_EMAIL'].'?subject=SQL%20Error"> Administrator</a> des Forums und la&szlig; ihn die Logdatei der SQL-Abfragen durchsehen.', E_USER_ERROR);
	}
	exit;
}
?>

So is this my mistake or can't the conversionscript not work with OpenBB 1.0.3/4 ?
Can anyone help me please?
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8455 is a reply to message #8453] Wed, 29 January 2003 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
To see the actual SQL error go to the admin control panel.

Btw which version of FUDforum are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8456 is a reply to message #8453] Wed, 29 January 2003 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I use FUD 2.3.7 and this is my Error:

() 1146: Table 'web8_db2.fud23_smiley' doesn't exist
Query: DELETE FROM fud23_smiley
Server Version: 3.23.51-log

i think it was my problem! I'll try it again and tell you what happens.
Thanks!
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8457 is a reply to message #8456] Wed, 29 January 2003 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you using the same SQL login information for both fudforum & openBB?
That may cause problems if the two forums use different databases because due to a bug with PHP they'll begin sharing the connection id causing problems such as the one you see.
To resolve the problem make the two forums temporarily use different connection strings. For example make FUDforum use unix domain socket to connect to MySQL while leave openBB using localhost. Or vice versa.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8465 is a reply to message #8453] Wed, 29 January 2003 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ive now put it together in one DB. The ive run the convertscript and it begun to export. At first the smilies, the the users an then it stops. After this the FUD-DB was corrupt and i cant see the Error.
I know that openBB was changing something in their Database in 1.0.3. If you made the Sript for OpenBB RC1... this get problems.
(I know this from the openBB to phpbb converter Wink )
Now ive go to bed now Shocked
cya
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8477 is a reply to message #8453] Thu, 30 January 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok. I tried some other tests with the converter, but after import the smilies
it stops and the FUD Users are gone too. Crying or Very Sad
Nothing will be converted. Im sooo sad but i want to get this great software to work. FUD rocks totaly !!!!
I dont have enough knowledge to make a converter by myself Sad
So can anyone help me?
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8482 is a reply to message #8477] Thu, 30 January 2003 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, if you could get me a dump of the forum I could probably fix whatever problem that is happening with the conversion script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8491 is a reply to message #8453] Thu, 30 January 2003 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks alot. This would be really great! Smile
Can you give me your Mail Adress? (via PM) so i can mail you the Dump. I think its not so good to attach the Dump here Wink
I would send it at first with a PM, but i cannot attach 700kb there Wink
Thanks in advance, easy-e
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8492 is a reply to message #8491] Thu, 30 January 2003 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
ilia[at]prohost[dot]org

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8494 is a reply to message #8453] Thu, 30 January 2003 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Its on the way.... Very Happy
Re: OpenBB 1.0.3/1.0.4 to FUD Conversion [message #8569 is a reply to message #8453] Sat, 08 February 2003 18:58 Go to previous message

What do you think about my Dump?
Is it possible to make a converter?
Greetings, easy-e
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: [REQUEST] WebBBS converter
Next Topic: WhiteTiger's Board -> FUDForum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 14 17:41:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02476 seconds