FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » NNTP headers, NNTP users--And some other newbie questions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
NNTP headers, NNTP users--And some other newbie questions [message #167966] Wed, 28 November 2012 03:56
entropyNFun
Hello,

I have several questions and am new to the fudforums. I really like the features of the NNTP and Email list.

1. I want the forum to display messages headers for NNTP imported posts. Is there a way to do that? Ideal would be an optional button the user could "show header" like for email clients, Otherwise, having the header shown all the time.

2. 2nd nntp question. There is an option to import users from nntp imports. I don't like the option. On a high volume newsgroup I will end up with thousands of users. Partly, I don't even understand the point of the feature or what it is doing. Is it sending out invitation emails to these people? How would they even log in? What I want is to to be attributed to the Guest user, but still show whatever name they used in the newsgroup on the topic lists. Is that possible?

3. Are there not many styles available? Is this the only place to download styles, because I am not so interested in the styles here.

4. For several of my forums, I selected the forum option "unmoderated forum" but when I access as guest my posts still go to moderation queue. The only posts I want to go to moderation queue are posts which synchronize to newsgroups for all my forums. Is there a quick way to achieve this?

5. Am I missing something with the "Group manager?" How do I edit the permissions of multiple forums at once?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: I can't upload any file size
Next Topic: User name in 2-byte
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 13:30:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02830 seconds