FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » how do i make my own style?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
how do i make my own style? [message #8421] Tue, 28 January 2003 01:13 Go to next message
no_name is currently offline  no_name   Israel
what files do i need to edit??? Smile
Re: how do i make my own style? [message #8424 is a reply to message #8421] Tue, 28 January 2003 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Depends of what you want to customize. For simple color changes you can modify forum.css.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how do i make my own style? [message #10219 is a reply to message #8424] Sat, 24 May 2003 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ftanner is currently offline  ftanner   United States

prottoss wrote on Mon, 27 January 2003 20:30

Depends of what you want to customize. For simple color changes you can modify forum.css.tmpl

I made changes to that, but it didn't seem to do anything to the look of my Forums. What did I do wrong?
Re: how do i make my own style? [message #10223 is a reply to message #10219] Sat, 24 May 2003 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you are making template changes by hand (not using the online editor built-in to the forum, you need to rebuild the theme before the changes go live. There is a link to do that on the theme manager.

FUDforum Core Developer
changing thme/tmpl [message #10367 is a reply to message #10223] Thu, 29 May 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
runya is currently offline  runya   Canada
My online editor for the theme does not work. I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IF I TRY TO REBUILD THEME:

Warning: Unable to create '/home/me/dir/forum/src/db.inc.t': Permission denied in home/me/dir/forum/include/compiler.inc on line 439

Warning: fopenhome/me/dir/forum/include/theme/default/postcheck.inc", "wb") - Permission denied in home/me/dir/forum/include/compiler.inc on line 360
Couldn't write to home/me/dir/forum/include/theme/default/postcheck.inc
Re: changing thme/tmpl [message #10370 is a reply to message #10367] Thu, 29 May 2003 12:30 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Seems like a pretty straight forward error to me. Your forum does not have permissions t write to the specified files, so you need to make sure that file permissions allow this action.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Green /Greys
Next Topic: Does anyone have a style that runs well with a black background?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 13:36:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02696 seconds