FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Prompt should be added into code verification of register procedure
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Prompt should be added into code verification of register procedure [message #19394] Thu, 15 July 2004 01:22 Go to next message
ly60269 is currently offline  ly60269   China
Hi,

when I register into your forum, it is a hard work to recognize the characters displayed in code verification section. I have tried several times and it always said code is not correct. Finally I copy the code into windows notepad and solve the problem. Maybe fonts used by internet brownser cause it.

I think some prompts should be added to help people register without difficulty.

Re: Prompt should be added into code verification of register procedure [message #19409 is a reply to message #19394] Thu, 15 July 2004 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I've used the most readable ASCII format possible for the check, it worked fine in all browsers that I have tried.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Prompt should be added into code verification of register procedure [message #19412 is a reply to message #19409] Fri, 16 July 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ly60269 is currently offline  ly60269   China
Code Page cause this problem. I use Internet Explorer in Microsoft Windows (Simplified Chinese Edition). IE uses Latin 9 (ISO) code page automatically when I open your forum page.
I have tried some code page in my Microsoft Internet Explorer. Following is the result:

1. Work
Simplified Chinese (gb2312 HZ)
Japanese(AUTO)

2. Not work
Central Europe(ISO,Windows)
Western Europe(ISO,Windows)
Traditional Chinese(big5)
Japanese(EUC,Shift-JIS)
Unicode(UTF-8)

The attachment is the screenshot, and the code is "RTWC".
  • Attachment: fudforum.jpg
    (Size: 119.14KB, Downloaded 954 times)
Re: Prompt should be added into code verification of register procedure [message #19415 is a reply to message #19412] Fri, 16 July 2004 21:36 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I tried it with Western/Eastern European ISO and Windows and it was perfectly legible (not like in your screenshot). Same goes for Unicode. I couldn't try it with Chinese or Japanese due to missing language packs.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: switching to linux
Next Topic: Websites with FUDforum!!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 14 17:18:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02193 seconds