FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » admin email visible
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
admin email visible [message #27580] Tue, 13 September 2005 13:15 Go to next message
Marticus   United States
I began receiving spam on my forum email address so I searched for the address and found that the account registration page has the email address listed and is in mailto: form. I changed the admin contact to a format using (at) and (dot). Is there a better solution? A suggestion might be to have another template function that munges an email address or have a redirect page that has contact information, or a configurable link that can be changed after a topic is created with contact information in it. I realise this will not work for error messages generated if the forum is broken, but for most others, that shouldn't be an issue.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 13:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: admin email visible [message #27584 is a reply to message #27580] Tue, 13 September 2005 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Set an option in your profie that would disable displaying of the e-mail address. The e-mail link will still appear but it'd take the user to an e-mail form that does not expose your address.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: admin email visible [message #29558 is a reply to message #27584] Fri, 30 December 2005 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Delayed reply, but this never worked for me. The problem is with the addresses configured on the admin control panel settings page, not the amdin user's profile page.
Re: admin email visible [message #29563 is a reply to message #29558] Fri, 30 December 2005 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Ha? Hide e-mail is a setting each user can select in their profile, admin included.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: admin email visible [message #30330 is a reply to message #27580] Sat, 18 February 2006 01:51 Go to previous message
rhinofly is currently offline  rhinofly   China
There are two way to leak the admin's email address and can not control by amdin user's profile page.

first: if COPPA has enabled,when a visitor try to register,COPPA page displayed,and the COPPA page conten the email address setup in 'Global Configuration' -> 'Email Settings' -> 'Administrator Email',this is not control by amdin user's profile.

second:When user received a Notify From the forum,such as register confirm,in the email,address setup in 'Global Configuration' -> 'Email Settings' -> 'Notify From' will be show.

For first case,setup 'Global Configuration' -> 'Email Settings' -> 'Administrator Email' to a address look like 'webmaster#AT#yourdomain.com' will be ok.

For sencond case,something like 'webmaster#AT#yourdomain.com' will be ok but may break user's email client.

good luck.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Global Configuration and UTF-8 support
Next Topic: [URL] tag displaying text (automated)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 14 19:15:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02387 seconds