FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Quick Reply  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Quick Reply [message #159582 is a reply to message #159580] Thu, 11 June 2009 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Edit msg.tmpl and remove the "display: none;" from this line:

<div id="quickReply" style="display: none; width:100%;">

Re: Quick Reply [message #159583 is a reply to message #159582] Thu, 11 June 2009 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nozafc is currently offline  nozafc   United Kingdom
naudefj wrote on Thu, 11 June 2009 18:52
Edit msg.tmpl and remove the "display: none;" from this line:

<div id="quickReply" style="display: none; width:100%;">

Can't believe it was that easy Embarassed Embarassed Spent about an hour trying to work out how to do it Laughing Laughing
Re: Quick Reply [message #159585 is a reply to message #22672] Thu, 11 June 2009 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When using the quick reply it doesn't seem to add the thread into your auto subscribe list
Re: Quick Reply [message #159589 is a reply to message #159585] Fri, 12 June 2009 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've uploaded a new zip file with a fix.
Re: Quick Reply [message #159604 is a reply to message #159589] Fri, 12 June 2009 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Fri, 12 June 2009 07:08
I've uploaded a new zip file with a fix.

Sterling work again

Couldn't get it working at first but it was because I was trying to patch my already patched files. Once I got a hold of the two original files it worked no problems. Thanks Smile
Re: Quick Reply [message #160116 is a reply to message #159604] Mon, 27 July 2009 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer

Quick Reply Defaults[ 5 votes ]

Quick reply was committed to CVS a while back and will be included with the next release. This poll is to decide what default to set for the quick reply option: enabled or disabled by default. And, if enabled, should it be fully displayed or collapsed.
Re: Quick Reply [message #160117 is a reply to message #160116] Tue, 28 July 2009 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
I'm a bit lost on this whole quick reply issue, yet based on naudefj's image from 05 June 2009 http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Image:Quick_reply.jpg

I have to go with enabled by default but collapsed, otherwise it appears it would consume too much screen space. I assume that the admin would have the option of disabling or collapsing it altogether regardless of the default settings decided on?

Speaking of which is there any idea of when this new release is likely to happen?

At any rate I have downloaded the zip file and will take a look see at this varmint in action so I can get a feel for it.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Quick Reply [message #160120 is a reply to message #159498] Tue, 28 July 2009 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Fri, 05 June 2009 11:42
Copy quick_reply.patch to your FUDdata/thm/default/tmpl/ directory an use the patch command to apply it:

$ patch -p0 <quick_reply.patch

This may also help: http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Applying_patches

naudefj wrote on Fri, 05 June 2009 13:08

Anyway, this may help to get the patching done on Windows: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

I have tried, and read, and tried again and I am still lost at "and apply - $ patch -p0 <msg.tmpl.diff"

All I have managed to get is a dos window with a blinking cursor which seems to do nothing. no matter what I input.

So could someone please tell me where/how this patch command is actually applied at?

In the meantime I will attempt to do it manually.

Re: Quick Reply [message #160121 is a reply to message #160120] Tue, 28 July 2009 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't use Windows and hence cannot help.

Anyway, just a word of warning: This patch was re-written for CVS. So, implement it if you need QR in FUDforum 2.8.x. However, if you want to see how it will eventually look, you need to checkout the code from CVS.
Re: Quick Reply [message #160123 is a reply to message #160121] Tue, 28 July 2009 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Tue, 28 July 2009 05:48
I don't use Windows and hence cannot help.

Anyway, just a word of warning: This patch was re-written for CVS. So, implement it if you need QR in FUDforum 2.8.x. However, if you want to see how it will eventually look, you need to checkout the code from CVS.

You pretty much lost me after "Warning": But learning more about CVS is # 1653 on my to-do list but I will expedite it some.

I have already switched over entirely to ver 2.8.1, and by this time next month I will have deleted all my files related to previous versions even backups as being obsolete.

Plus I managed to succeed in installing "Quick Reply" manually from the file you uploaded on the 12th, and I think I like it...Maybe a lot! You all did good!

Two points of note: 1st the current version uses "post_quick_reply.png" as the default image button file, will that remain in the final version? Or will "quick_ reply.gif" be used as in the current default buttons?

Let me know and I can change the colorized versions of the quick reply buttons to png and or rename them as you require.

2nd naudefj commented in the read me note included "Create "Quick Reply" buttons (the current English button needs to be improved)" but does not say what improvements are needed.

Looking at it I'm guessing the text needs to be a bit bolder, if so will this suffice? index.php?t=getfile&id=5677&private=0

Re: Quick Reply [message #160124 is a reply to message #160123] Tue, 28 July 2009 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
Naudefj built upon my original patch (and I'm happy he did so Smile). When I wrote the add-on I figured people who understood how to install it would be able to customize it for their own use. Therefore, I did not attempt any localization (I only speak English). So the static "Quick Reply" button was a quick hack. I matched it as best I could to the other FUDForum buttons, but I'm not a graphic artist.

Personally, I think the icon on the button needs to be specific to the feature. I just used the icon from the "Post Reply" button. The text of the quick reply button also needs to match the text of the other buttons (font, font size, and capitalization). I don't think the file type matters much here. The image isn't big enough to have a noticeable size difference between png and gif.
icon6.gif  Re: Quick Reply [message #160126 is a reply to message #160124] Tue, 28 July 2009 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries mate. As far as the button was concerned I was just wondering if there was a pending file name change for the quick reply button. In my test installation I had to hatchet a quick redo of the quick reply button from .gif to .png because the .gif no longer worked so it did not match the others.

If it was named "post_quick_reply.png" as it was being developed and will be "quick_ reply.gif" when the project is finished no problem, if however the powers that be decide to keep the name as is then I can change the file names and type of the other buttons to match so they can continue to be used as a set.

We've already cobbled together a set with 16 different hues/colors for all the languages FUD supports, and I am slowly working on others as well I just want to make sure the names and file types match up with whatever is used in the next release.

I'm no graphics artist either, heck I barely managed to get the patch installed, but I like the end result, and look forward to the next release.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5678&private=0
  • Attachment: QRCapture.JPG
    (Size: 24.42KB, Downloaded 1705 times)

Re: Quick Reply [message #160129 is a reply to message #160126] Tue, 28 July 2009 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The QR solution in CVS doesn't use any buttons. The editor can be minimized/contracted and maximized/expanded with the +/- controls you see in front of messages.
icon6.gif  Re: Quick Reply [message #160135 is a reply to message #160129] Tue, 28 July 2009 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so that makes the whole quick reply button issue moot.

Re: Quick Reply [message #160137 is a reply to message #160135] Tue, 28 July 2009 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The Witcher wrote on Tue, 28 July 2009 20:26
Ok so that makes the whole quick reply button issue moot.

Not necessarily, users can style it any way they like. If they want a button, I'm sure they will find yours handy.
icon6.gif  Re: Quick Reply [message #160141 is a reply to message #160137] Tue, 28 July 2009 21:38 Go to previous message
True, they aren't going anywhere; I was referring to putting an emphasis on making more, but it's just as easy to make them in sets anyhow. I actually found that I kind of appreciate the quick reply function now that I had a chance to try it out and I am sure others will as well.

Funny I seem to spend more time learning about the forum than actually using it, oh well, time will come!

Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Youtube Plugin Change
Next Topic: Zshare Embedding Plugin
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:50:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02782 seconds