FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Cant make news reader to work for hours. Help? Anyone?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Cant make news reader to work for hours. Help? Anyone? [message #31260] Wed, 12 April 2006 17:55 Go to next message
batavlada is currently offline  batavlada   Serbia and Montenegro
Hello! Iam trying to get news reader to work for hours. Is it small amount of time for that? :)

I give a try with two different news servers. One free and one with authentication. No one work. Also I tried on different sites with different hosting companies. Nothing.

I dont get anything as respond. Empty list.

in errors/.nntp/ I got fiew errors like this one:
"Unable to establish connection to freenews.netfront.net on port 119 failed
With Error #110 : Connection timed out "

Any idea? Please...

Thanks

bata
Re: Cant make news reader to work for hours. Help? Anyone? [message #31279 is a reply to message #31260] Fri, 14 April 2006 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The timeout error indicates that PHP tried to establish connection to your NNTP server and failed to do so within a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps you don't have permissions to connect to this NNTP server?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cant make news reader to work for hours. Help? Anyone? [message #31294 is a reply to message #31279] Fri, 14 April 2006 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank You for reply.

I dont think it is issue, since I tried with 4 different news servers. Two free and two payed. Still nothing. Also, I installed forum on 2 different sites and they are on different hosts. Same error.
Re: Cant make news reader to work for hours. Help? Anyone? [message #31304 is a reply to message #31294] Sat, 15 April 2006 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The error comes from PHP not the forum, what you can trying doing is to try using PHP to connect to the NNTP server via:
<?php
$fp 
fsockopen("host"119$errno$errstr) or die($errstr);
?>

See if that works, you can also try to increase the timeout value in the forum's NNTP settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cant make news reader to work for hours. Help? Anyone? [message #31374 is a reply to message #31260] Wed, 19 April 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank You, again, for help.

That is major problem. No connection to server. Timeout. I set up 100 seconds. Still nothing.
Re: Cant make news reader to work for hours. Help? Anyone? [message #31380 is a reply to message #31374] Wed, 19 April 2006 20:39 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
If PHP cannot connect to the server via the small script I showed in my previous reply you need to find out why. This would not be a forum bug.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Unable to delete single message
Next Topic: Voting results
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 14 08:40:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04904 seconds