FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
error [message #3583] Tue, 02 July 2002 00:00 Go to next message
$how is currently offline  $how   United States
Ran the full setup, but for some reason got an error when it went too go login

http://hellshenchmen.recongamer.com/hhsite/fudforum2/login.php?adm=1

Warning: Access denied for user: 'ODBC(at)66(dot)250(dot)66(dot)181' (Using password: YES) in c:\inetpub\hellshenchmen\hhsite\fudforum2\login.php on line 116

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'ODBC(at)66(dot)250(dot)66(dot)181' (Using password: YES) in c:\inetpub\hellshenchmen\hhsite\fudforum2\login.php on line 116

--------------------------------------
Error in function/script: db.inc
has caused the following error: unable to establish mysql connection on 12.218.131.91
while processing script name:
the error occured at: 02/07/2002 00:04:16
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
User Ip: 12.218.131.91
Script Accessed: c:\\inetpub\\hellshenchmen\\hhsite\\fudforum2\\login.php

ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE
Re: error [message #3585 is a reply to message #3583] Tue, 02 July 2002 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This looks nice an permissions error when connecting to mysql, see if you can manually login with the MySQL info you've provided during installation, which can be found inside GLOBALS.php file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error [message #3586 is a reply to message #3585] Tue, 02 July 2002 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Checked that allready is correct, why does it put the ODBC in front of the IP or is just too hide the DB username.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 July 2002 00:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: error [message #3589 is a reply to message #3586] Tue, 02 July 2002 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That is just the way PHP reports connection failures. I presume ODBC is the user name for the account?

You should verify that MySQL permissions allow the ODBC user to access the MySQL database from the domain your site runs.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error [message #3592 is a reply to message #3589] Tue, 02 July 2002 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My setup is a little diffrent than most, are web server offers Mysql at an extra cost. So i just installed it on my home computer and left the database port open on my gateway. I have one forum installed, but it does not send mail out so trying diffrent froums see what i like better.

P.S.
I removed THe froum and going too try something a little diffrent on setup this time.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 July 2002 04:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: error [message #3605 is a reply to message #3592] Tue, 02 July 2002 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i figured what i might have done wrong. When i created the new database i made a user with the following statement.

Grant all privileges on db.*
to "user@'ip'
identified by "pass';

last time i did not specify a unique password. Hopefully everything else will work out. Thanks for the help.
Re: error [message #3606 is a reply to message #3605] Tue, 02 July 2002 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
No problem, Wink You've done all the work yourself anyway heh...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error [message #3608 is a reply to message #3606] Tue, 02 July 2002 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True, but at least you tried too help the other forum that i installed i posted on there forum instalation help page and have not got even one reply in 5 days. Kinda nice to have at least someone to give a fresh opinon on what the problem could be.

http://hellshenchmen.recongamer.com/hhsite/fud/

Re: error [message #3611 is a reply to message #3608] Tue, 02 July 2002 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Figure one problem then get another Laughing

Warning: Failed to Connect in c:\inetpub\hellshenchmen\hhsite\fud\register.php on line 2174

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\hellshenchmen\hhsite\fud\register.php:2174) in c:\inetpub\hellshenchmen\hhsite\fud\register.php on line 2053
Re: error [message #3612 is a reply to message #3611] Tue, 02 July 2002 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Once again a PHP problem.

Online 2174 the register script attempts to send an email to the user with either a confirmation email or just a welcome message.

It would appear that mail() PHP function does not work on your server, hence the error you are seeing.

Make sure you have correct mail setting specified in your php config (php.ini) file. If they are not change those settings, mail related settings can be changed from .htaccess file in Apache if you do not have access to the php.ini configuration file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error [message #3620 is a reply to message #3612] Tue, 02 July 2002 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have acces too the php.ini on the web server or the htaccess file on the apache server. If i display the php info for my web server should i use the settings it has in smtp mail setting.

http://hellshenchmen.recongamer.com/hhsite/info.php
Re: error [message #3621 is a reply to message #3620] Tue, 02 July 2002 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It has STMP set as localhost, does you windows box have a working SMTP server setup that can be used to send email?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error [message #3622 is a reply to message #3621] Tue, 02 July 2002 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I e-mailed them they told me too use mail.hellshenchmen.recongamer.com for the smtp address but it didn't work. Sent them another e-mail too make sure he told me correctly.
Re: error [message #3623 is a reply to message #3622] Tue, 02 July 2002 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you specify that address in your config?

Here is a small text script that should work when you have correct info:
<?php
ini_set('SMTP', 'stmp_server');
mail('your_email_address', 'Test Message Subject', 'test message');
?>

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error [message #3624 is a reply to message #3623] Tue, 02 July 2002 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<?php
ini_set('SMTP', 'mail.hellshenchmen.recongamer.com');
mail('showcs(at)mchsi(dot)com', 'Test Message Subject', 'test message');
?>

Tried it but with no luck didn't get anything back, I'm almost too the point were I'b going to setup the web server and everything from my local computer. I think my mail problem is on there side and they have no clue maybe.
Re: error [message #3625 is a reply to message #3624] Tue, 02 July 2002 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The problem is definately with SMTP server, which is either blocking you or not setup correctly. I suspect they should have some helpeful error messages in their mail log, but unfortunaly you have no access to those.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error [message #3627 is a reply to message #3625] Tue, 02 July 2002 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wish i did have access then i could figure it out, hopefully they will e-mail me back soon so i can get this too work correctly thank for the help. Cool
Re: error [message #3628 is a reply to message #3627] Tue, 02 July 2002 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just installed a the phpbb2 forum it had settings in it too use an external smtp, and it worked that way, is there anyway you can add that feature into FUDforum.

http://hellshenchmen.recongamer.com/hhsite/phpbb2/index.php
Re: error [message #3630 is a reply to message #3628] Tue, 02 July 2002 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
phpbb2 developers decided to bypass php's mail() function and send emails themselves via SMTP directly. While in some cases such as yours it may solve the problem, the bottom line is that PHP's mail() function should work. It is there for a reason, on a properly configured server it will work.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error [message #3631 is a reply to message #3630] Tue, 02 July 2002 17:28 Go to previous message
Yep, true maybe they will fix the php.ini file on my web server thank for the help man.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Registered users can't see topics
Next Topic: Update problems from 2.0.2 to 2.2
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:14:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02955 seconds