FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » Database discussions » Getting aborted connections
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Getting aborted connections [message #4635] Thu, 01 August 2002 16:13 Go to next message
smike is currently offline  smike   Germany
I noticed some entries in my mysql error-log file which are created by fud forum.
Aborted connection <number> to db: 'forum' user: '<username>' host: 'localhost' (Got timeout reading communication packets)

How can I make them disappear?

Thanks, Mike
Re: Getting aborted connections [message #4637 is a reply to message #4635] Thu, 01 August 2002 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you using persistant connections, if so turning them of may solve the problem.

It occurs for the following reason, when they are on each Apache child which has been used to serve a FUDforum request keeps an open MySQL connection. If that apache child did not serve a page in a long time eventually the MySQL timeout is reached and MySQL kills the connection.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Getting aborted connections [message #4638 is a reply to message #4637] Thu, 01 August 2002 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smike is currently offline  smike   Germany
Is there (where?) a possibility to set that timeout to a higher value?
Does this cause any security problems?
Re: Getting aborted connections [message #4640 is a reply to message #4638] Thu, 01 August 2002 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
No, as far as I know this does not cause security problems. You can specify your own timeout value to your MySQL server via the 'wait_timeout' option you pass to safe_mysqld script, which starts the MySQL deamon.
Of course you need root access to do so, so unless you got your own server you will not be able to do it yourself.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Getting aborted connections [message #6980 is a reply to message #4640] Wed, 30 October 2002 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CanSuperMuay is currently offline  CanSuperMuay   Thailand
1.Which directive in httpd.conf ?
MaxKeepAliveRequests?
Please help me ,I got the same problem.

2.One thing I try to set mysql variable but,I can not find /etc/my.cnf in the server.But "mysqladmin variables" can see the variables.

3.What the command to set max_connections variable?

I am newbie and dont know how to.

Any help 'd be great appriciated! Razz
Re: Getting aborted connections [message #6982 is a reply to message #6980] Thu, 31 October 2002 00:16 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Read the documentation inside httpd.conf. That file has explanation of most options, MaxKeepAliveRequests is NOT it however. MySQL documentation can be found on www.mysql.com

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Scheduling Actions - Automation 101 question.
Next Topic: Is Postgres Still a viable option for this package
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 10 10:23:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03016 seconds