FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Permissions FUDforum - chmod
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon4.gif  Permissions FUDforum - chmod [message #10218] Sat, 24 May 2003 10:30 Go to next message
cybervvizz is currently offline  cybervvizz   Belgium
Cool Permissions ! In the manual there is written all files are 600 or 700. I see all files installed as 666 or 777 !

Would You post, which files need write access, and which files needs to be executable, and which files need only read access ?

Can You append this layout into an appendix of the manual.

And if possible which files can be put outside the root of the webserver, so it can be linked with a virtual directory or symbolic link.

Thanks.
Re: Permissions FUDforum - chmod [message #10224 is a reply to message #10218] Sat, 24 May 2003 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That's actually true for 2.5.0 at one point when there was no un-install script this was changed, but now it is back.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Permissions FUDforum - chmod [message #10390 is a reply to message #10218] Fri, 30 May 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scoutzilla is currently offline  scoutzilla   United States

I'm pretty confused on the permission settings also. If possible some standard rules would be great.

Should all Dirs (www and data) be 777 and all the files in those Dirs be 666 no matter what? Or is there some special cases where this does not apply?

I think I am my own worst enemy when I perform up grades. I don't upgrade as often as I should. When I have upgraded in the past I haven't "UnLocked" the forum (my board is on a Unix system). I suspect that when one does this, the permissions get messed up pretty bad. Thanks to the great support on this board I'm able to "repair" all the damage I do.

Got Torque?
Re: Permissions FUDforum - chmod [message #10398 is a reply to message #10390] Fri, 30 May 2003 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If your forum is unlocked all files will be 666 and all directories 777, without any exceptions. If the forum is locked all files will be 600 and all directories will be 700.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Permissions FUDforum - chmod [message #10405 is a reply to message #10398] Fri, 30 May 2003 19:02 Go to previous message
scoutzilla is currently offline  scoutzilla   United States

Should any files ever be 600 or 644?

Got Torque?

[Updated on: Mon, 02 June 2003 15:00]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Corrupt
Next Topic: Urgent - help please!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 08:54:41 GMT 2024