FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Applicants awaiting approval can see all forums
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Applicants awaiting approval can see all forums [message #11240] Tue, 24 June 2003 09:25 Go to next message
davew is currently offline  davew   Australia

This just caused me some problems...

I have turned off new registrations completely, but could you have a look at this please??

Re: Applicants awaiting approval can see all forums [message #11241 is a reply to message #11240] Tue, 24 June 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What version of the forum are you using?

Unapproved applicants should have the same permissions as anonymous users, so make sure your anonymous users are restricted in their access priveleges.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Applicants awaiting approval can see all forums [message #11260 is a reply to message #11241] Wed, 25 June 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm using 2.3.9RC1

As far as I can determine (still checking) anonymous users are extremely restricted..
Re: Applicants awaiting approval can see all forums [message #11261 is a reply to message #11260] Wed, 25 June 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OK, a little more information for you...

If I turn EMAIL confirmation *ON* as a newly registered user I am restricted to how I expected to be.

Once I Confirm the email, I am able to see all my "Registered only" forums, even though the account has yet to be confirmed.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Applicants awaiting approval can see all forums [message #11262 is a reply to message #11261] Wed, 25 June 2003 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I suspect that maybe a bug with the release you are using, I believe it is fixed in 2.5.0RC, but i'll verify later on today.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Applicants awaiting approval can see all forums [message #11394 is a reply to message #11262] Fri, 27 June 2003 00:47 Go to previous message

It appears to be working properly with 2.5.0

Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: maillist.php not working correctly with email addresses containing +
Next Topic: On-Line Users list
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 15:16:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06161 seconds