FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » 2.5.0 groups problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2.5.0 groups problem [message #11647] Thu, 10 July 2003 11:36 Go to next message
ctbk is currently offline  ctbk   Italy
The situation is:

I've got 2 made groups of mods: supermod and staff
These groups contain ppl with permissions to moderate a large quantity of forums.
Ppl in supermod aren't in staff and vice-versa.
This is what is happening:
If I edit the "Anonymous users" and "registered users" in one of these groups (A), ppl in the other one(B) lose all the permissions on the forums on wich they are not explicit moderators. To resume the original perms I've got to edit & update all users perms in the group B, one by one.

This could be bearable if after this process ppl in group B wouldn't see duplicated many of the forums in the home page.

To eliminate the redundancy, I've got to edit & update anonymous & registered in group B, but doing so ppl in group A loose all their perms... and it's all the other way round.

This problem has begun after the 2.3.8 -> 2.5.0 upgrade, when Groups in A could see just the groups in which they were moderators.

~
~
:wq

[Updated on: Thu, 10 July 2003 11:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2.5.0 groups problem [message #11663 is a reply to message #11647] Thu, 10 July 2003 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Given your description and intent I would recommend not having global anon & reg users inside your special groups. Thus the changes you make will only affect people inside those groups.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.5.0 groups problem [message #11669 is a reply to message #11663] Fri, 11 July 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, but I've got just the option "Edit" beside Global & Registered Access in those groups.
Should I delete the entry by hand, with a SQL query?

~
~
Re: 2.5.0 groups problem [message #11676 is a reply to message #11669] Fri, 11 July 2003 11:56 Go to previous message
Deleted old groups, created new ones without Global & Anonymous: problem solved!

~
~
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Users access rights
Next Topic: Data Dumps under 2.5.0 almost 2x bigger?!?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 10:19:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01782 seconds