FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Implement Webspeech to Fudforum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Implement Webspeech to Fudforum [message #11586] Tue, 08 July 2003 19:11 Go to next message
Micha37 is currently offline  Micha37   Germany
Hi Prottoss,

thanks for your help in many cases. In the meantime I successfully moved the Forum to my new server and its working fine.

As you know, I am running a website for people with Diabetes and many of them are blind or almost blind. Thats why, I included a feature called Webspeech to my site, as you can see at www.diabetesring.de.

Whereever you see the icon http://www.diabetesring.de/speak.gif, you can click and the webspeech plugin (free download at http://www.webspeech.de/download.php) will read the text of the article.

In order to give support to those people, I would really like to implement this feature into Fudforum.

Could you please let me know, if you could support this approach.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Michael

Re: Implement Webspeech to Fudforum [message #11592 is a reply to message #11586] Wed, 09 July 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
While extremely useful in your case most people (90%+) of forum users would have no need for it. It also requires support for external applications which is something I want to avoid. So, this maybe a useful custom hack you may want as a nice shortcut for people in simular situations.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Implement Webspeech to Fudforum [message #11649 is a reply to message #11586] Thu, 10 July 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Prottoss,

thanks for your feedback. I cearly understand your point, even its not what I was wishing for.

Anyway, I am not smart enough to make the appropriate changes to Fudforum.

Actually what I need to run webspeach is quite simple; at least sounds like.

I need a link, which converts a single message into pure text format, similar as your pdf script converts threads into pdf files.

So, for instance, when I call a link call it http://www.diabetesring.de/Forum/textconvert.php?msg_id=16727 it should return the pure text of just this particular message, whithout any formatings, smilies, html polls or FudCode.

I think that for you it is very easy to implement this functionality so I would really appreciate your help.

I am looking forward to your reply and remain

with best regards

Michael

Re: Implement Webspeech to Fudforum [message #11656 is a reply to message #11649] Thu, 10 July 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Take a look @ post.php.t, specifically the part dealing with message retrieval when doing message editing. This part of the code has all the data you require.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Implement Webspeech to Fudforum [message #11667 is a reply to message #11656] Fri, 11 July 2003 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Prottoss,

thanks for the hint.
Actually already I have started to try this by using the original rdf.php and it seems I am getting there by myself. Its not completely finished but you can have a look at http://www.diabetesring.de/Forum/rdf2.php?mode=m&id=16612

I will keep you informed.

Also could you let me know, where, inside the template management, I can add a Webspeech button under each message.

Thanks for your help and best regards

Michael
Re: Implement Webspeech to Fudforum [message #11675 is a reply to message #11667] Fri, 11 July 2003 10:59 Go to previous message
Hi there,

I am happy that I got it to work!!

Best regards and thanks

Michael
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Split Topic
Next Topic: Receive E-mail for private messages
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 28 16:25:53 GMT 2024