FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » error when trying to make somebody a group leader
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
error when trying to make somebody a group leader [message #11788] Thu, 17 July 2003 09:06 Go to next message
butonic is currently offline  butonic   Germany

Hi,

I get this, when I want to make a user leader of a group in the admin control panel:

Warning: pg_query() query failed: ERROR: ExecInsert: rejected due to CHECK constraint "up_read_cnt" on "fud25_group_members" in /usr/share/development/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 163
(admgrouplead.php) : ERROR: ExecInsert: rejected due to CHECK constraint "up_read_cnt" on "fud25_group_members"
Query: INSERT INTO fud25_group_members (up_visible,up_read,up_post,up_reply,up_edit,up_del,up_sticky,up_poll,up_fi le,up_vote,up_rate,up_split,up_lock,up_move,up_sml,up_img, group_leader, group_id, user_id) SELECT p_visible,p_read,p_post,p_reply,p_edit,p_del,p_sticky,p_poll,p_file,p_vote, p_rate,p_split,p_lock,p_move,p_sml,p_img, 'Y', id, 5 FROM fud25_groups WHERE id=4
Server Version:
[Referring Page] http://aaa.bbb.ccc/FUDforum/adm/admgrouplead.php?group_id=4&rid=2&S =386a669e0e944263c85614a34855df80

any ideas? didnt find a solution by searching the forum Sad

FUD 2.5.0 (this one is supposed to be stable isnt it?)
pg7.3.2 (debian/unstable)

should i upgrade to 2.5.0RC6 or is that on even more buggy due to less testing?

butonic

p.s. @protoss: well, now I did register for the forums... Wink ICQ2Go crashed yesterday when we chatted about the postgers 31 char limit ... any questions about that? I hope you got my last msg...
Re: error when trying to make somebody a group leader [message #11805 is a reply to message #11788] Thu, 17 July 2003 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I've just committed a patch that should fix the index name problem and it will be in 2.5.1. For now stick with 2.5.0 (latest release), since the RC6 are pre-releases that don't have some of the fixes in 2.5.0. For now report every bug that you see so that 2.5.1 release can be made as stable as possible. I will look into the group manager error later on today and hopefuly will have a fix for it shortly.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error when trying to make somebody a group leader [message #11827 is a reply to message #11788] Fri, 18 July 2003 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've tried to replicate the group leader problem but am unable to do so. Could you tell me if the:
SELECT p_visible,p_read,p_post,p_reply,p_edit,p_del,p_sticky,p_poll,p_file,p_vote, p_rate,p_split,p_lock,p_move,p_sml,p_img, 'Y', id, 5 FROM fud25_groups WHERE id=4;

query returns any results?

Also, is the group you are adding a leader a custom group you've added or a automatically created group for a forum?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error when trying to make somebody a group leader [message #11880 is a reply to message #11827] Sun, 20 July 2003 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
butonic is currently offline  butonic   Germany

well, sorry ... I wanted to show the error to a co-worker and then Murphys Law worked its miracle. No error anymore. duh?!?

maybe some reorganization of the forums had happenen (though i cant remember what else i dit. I tinkered around with some of the user and group rights to make someone the leader for that group, nothing worked, and when i came back to show the error my co-worker, it worked...)

however the SQL-Statement doesnt match cause no forum with the id 4 exists (id, not forum_id).

furthermore, the group was an automatically generated group for a forum...

Re: error when trying to make somebody a group leader [message #11881 is a reply to message #11880] Sun, 20 July 2003 22:56 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Very strange indeed, I too was unable to replicate the problem, beyond the fact that I was able to determine it was the result of failing select. How an invalid id got there I really don't know. I will keep an eye out for this problem, if it happens again perphaps more data about it's cause could be gathered...

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PHP highlighting causing errors
Next Topic: Back button
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 06:23:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03510 seconds