FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » I have enable speller check from my host now
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
I have enable speller check from my host now [message #12678] Sat, 23 August 2003 20:34 Go to next message
aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net is currently offline  aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net   United States
I have enable speller check from my host now , but do not work with Spanish Language , do I need to download some others files?
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #12694 is a reply to message #12678] Sun, 24 August 2003 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to get your web-host to install the spanish dictionary file. Those can be found on aspell/pspell's homepage.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #12699 is a reply to message #12694] Mon, 25 August 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net is currently offline  aircool5(at)bellsouth(dot)net   United States
Prottoss I have contact my host and they answer:

Technician: MSS Technician
Reply Time: 8/24/2003 7:28:40 PM
Reply: Hello Vicente,

Please send us the link for the spanish dictionary file so that we can check.

Thank you

So , you have the Link?
Thankyou
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #12701 is a reply to message #12699] Mon, 25 August 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/es/

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #12718 is a reply to message #12701] Tue, 26 August 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Prottoss,
The host enable speller check and upload the Spanish librery , however steel not work , the host gave me this address wigh I do not what to do with:
/usr/local/bin/aspell
And this is the error gave me when I try to run the Sapanish speller:

http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=753
  • Attachment: Spanish.jpg
    (Size: 106.63KB, Downloaded 1269 times)
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #12775 is a reply to message #12718] Sun, 31 August 2003 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
All subsequent errors are the result of the 1st error, which told you pspell was unable to find the dictionary file. There are 2 possibilities why this has happened.

1) Your ISP did not install the dictionary correctly
you can check this by writing a simple sample spell checker script by using example code on http://www.php.net/pspell using the spanish dictionary.

2) FUDforum is not looking for the correct dicitionary, in this case, once you determine the correct dicitionary name you'll need to modify contents of the pspell_lang inside the i18n/spanish directory and rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #12794 is a reply to message #12775] Mon, 01 September 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Befor you leave check this out:
We have checked the installation of pspell and found it to be working correctly.

We have palced a test script file with name pspelltest.php in the public_html folder of your domain. We have tested the script for the word "test" and "testt" and found to be working fine.

Please check and confirm this at youe end.

Please do not hesitate to contact back, if you have any more queries or need any more assistance.

Rolling Eyes
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #12918 is a reply to message #12794] Thu, 18 September 2003 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Please post the pspelltest.php source code. I'll take a look.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #25710 is a reply to message #12918] Fri, 17 June 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keneisman is currently offline  keneisman   United States
I'm opening up this very old topic because I'm have a very similar problem.

I've gotten pspell to work in PHP. I used this code to check it:

$pspell_link = pspell_new("en");

if (pspell_check($pspell_link, "testt")) 
{
   echo "This is a valid spelling";
} 
else 
{
   echo "Sorry, wrong spelling";
}

It correctly identified "testt" as being incorrectly spelled and when I corrected it to "test", it identified it as correct.

PSPell shows up as available on my system info screen and I've enabled it in the global configuration. Is there anything else I need to do? The spell-check message button is still not showing up when I create a message.

System Configuration
PHP built On: Windows NT MAIL01 5.2 build 3790
Database Version: 4.1.11-nt
PHP Version: 5.0.4
Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
WebServer to PHP interface: isapi
Forum Version: 2.6.13
Relavent PHP Settings: Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Output Buffering: Yes
Disabled Functions: none
PSpell Support: Yes
Zlib Support: Yes

Thanks
Ken
Re: I have enable speller check from my host now [message #25712 is a reply to message #25710] Sat, 18 June 2005 00:05 Go to previous message
keneisman is currently offline  keneisman   United States
I got it fixed!

I didn't know that I needed to enable spell check in the theme editor, as well.

Thanks
Ken
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to see who has voted
Next Topic: How can the midi play ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 02:52:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02683 seconds