FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Light turns off after viewing forum section once
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Light turns off after viewing forum section once [message #12819] Fri, 05 September 2003 20:45 Go to next message
jrobbio is currently offline  jrobbio   United Kingdom
I must say I would prefer the forum to not "turn off" the lightbulb image (or whatever someone uses) when I view that section once. It would make better sense to have the bulb turn off when all the updated threads in that section had been viewed.

Rob
Re: Light turns off after viewing forum section once [message #12828 is a reply to message #12819] Mon, 08 September 2003 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
Not quite. It may be that a user does not wish to read some of the threads in a specific forum and would be irritated by constantly seeing that there are unread threads in a forum where they have already read all that they wish to read. I do this very thing on this very board.
Re: Light turns off after viewing forum section once [message #12829 is a reply to message #12819] Mon, 08 September 2003 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jrobbio is currently offline  jrobbio   United Kingdom
I suppose I've got used to the behaviour from phpBB and vBulletin, but I can see it both ways.

Rob
Re: Light turns off after viewing forum section once [message #13335 is a reply to message #12828] Tue, 30 September 2003 00:18 Go to previous message
KVentz is currently offline  KVentz   Russian Federation
JamesS wrote on Tue, 09 September 2003 02:54

Not quite. It may be that a user does not wish to read some of the threads in a specific forum.

I don't quite understand this behavior too. If a user doesn't wish to read some of the threads there is a "mark all unread forum messages read".

[Updated on: Tue, 30 September 2003 00:33]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: I have some suggestions.
Next Topic: Enhancements to the Search functionality.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 28 12:17:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.48142 seconds