FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » NO installation--Clone FUD
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
NO installation--Clone FUD [message #12870] Mon, 15 September 2003 10:01 Go to next message
kala123 is currently offline  kala123   China
I have successfully cloned FUD from one installed PC to ISP's server,though there r some small bug,but it can run smoothly now.

No terrible Install.php which cannot run on some server is a good news.

Re: NO installation--Clone FUD [message #12877 is a reply to message #12870] Mon, 15 September 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twerp is currently offline  twerp   United Kingdom
IF INDEED this [as I believe] IS why many of us are having problems... I would like to ask VERY respectfully IF the developers would perhaps give us the USUAL set of expanded files that I am used to using wil forum software. I think VBulliten has the installer as well though...

ANY comments GREATLY appreciated...

I understand that many people are WAY above my understanding. I am relentless at fixing propblems though. However I avoided EZpublish as it was a bit too much for me. I would LOVE to yuse FUDforum though I will have to be able to install it to either my home server or HOSTED space... it IS hosted space that's the problem...

THANKS ALL!

twErP
Re: NO installation--Clone FUD [message #12914 is a reply to message #12877] Thu, 18 September 2003 14:36 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
99% of install.php problem result from bad decompression of the archive.
The other 1% are valid problems which we fix promptly. That said manual install process would result in 5x as many bugs and make a simple install process unecesarily complex.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: QUERY_STRING
Next Topic: Import forum data error/problems
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 18:33:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10853 seconds