FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Moderator Options file size, type and ip addres
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Moderator Options file size, type and ip addres [message #13417] Wed, 08 October 2003 10:03 Go to next message
Anonymous   Spain
1.- Could be good if moderator file upload size and file type could be diferent from normal users in their forum.

2.- Also could be good the option to remove the posibility to show the users ip address to forum moderators.

The reasons i think are easy to see but.

1.- A moderator could upload a zip file but users only could upload a jpg file.

2.- I am sure that the moderator could moderate the forum but that he shows the user ip address is not good.
Re: Moderator Options file size, type and ip addres [message #13418 is a reply to message #13417] Wed, 08 October 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aitor is currently offline  aitor   Spain
I write the post sorry, not know that i was as anonymous.
Re: Moderator Options file size, type and ip addres [message #13451 is a reply to message #13418] Tue, 14 October 2003 01:23 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Moderators need to see the IP address, because while they may not be able to ban a person by IP. The moderators (not the admins) are the ones spending most of the time trolling for offenders. Thus they can spot trends; many accounts using the same IP, etc... and notify the admin with pertinent information.

Different file attachment restrictions is something I will take under consideration.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Enhancements to the Search functionality.
Next Topic: Upgrading
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 12:24:20 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03573 seconds