FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 05:46 Go to next message
zagroseckt is currently offline  zagroseckt   United States
I finly got the thing instaled and now i cant get into the admin section.... and i also cant ftp into the admin directory along with some other directories. inside the bbs

other than that it seems to be working.

here's my errors

Warning: main(./GLOBALS.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zagrosec/public_html/playground/adm/admglobal.php on line 18

Warning: main(./GLOBALS.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zagrosec/public_html/playground/adm/admglobal.php on line 18

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './GLOBALS.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/zagrosec/public_html/playground/adm/admglobal

When i try to get into the adm directory i get a refusil in ftp
and as a side note for some reason the server dosn't like /home/zagroseckt/ you have to cut the string short to public)html/playground/... and so on
but cant do it becos it wont let me in the directory to begin with
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13485 is a reply to message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I take it you get those errors right after a fresh install?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13497 is a reply to message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes right after a fresh install.
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13501 is a reply to message #13497] Tue, 14 October 2003 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Use a php script to chmod the adm directory 777 (you'll be able to get into it)
then check to make sure there is a symlink to GLOBALS.php inside it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13504 is a reply to message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm err errrrooo umm
Could i get an example of that script..???
im kinda new to the whole php thing.

i've done some perl and cgi. all learned by example

[Updated on: Tue, 14 October 2003 15:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13506 is a reply to message #13504] Tue, 14 October 2003 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
<?php
umask
(0);
chmod("directory_name", 0777);
?>

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13508 is a reply to message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok Here is the php file
<?php
umask(0);
chmod("public_html/playground/adm", 0777);
chmod("public_html/playground/FUDforum", 0777);
chmod("public_html/playground/help", 0777);
chmod("public_html/playground/images", 0777);
chmod("public_html/playground/public_html", 0777);
chmod("public_html/playground/styles", 0777);
chmod("public_html/playground/theme", 0777);
chmod("public_html/playground/GLOBALS.php", 0777);
?>
And here is the errors i got

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/zagrosec/public_html/playground/test2.php on line 4

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/zagrosec/public_html/playground/test2.php on line 7

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/zagrosec/public_html/playground/test2.php on line 10

What did i do rong.
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13509 is a reply to message #13508] Tue, 14 October 2003 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You specified incorrect directory path.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13510 is a reply to message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK figured out what i did.
i was running the script inside the playground earia hins i didnt need the file path Smile
i can get into the sum directories now thanks.
now to see if the thing works.
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13511 is a reply to message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AA man.........
the directories and files in the sub directories are not assigned eather.

Is there a way to change a directory and all its files/subdirectories to 0777 without going file by file.

Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13512 is a reply to message #13511] Tue, 14 October 2003 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Once you'll be able to resolve the GLOBALS.php issue you will be able to access the admin control panel that allows you to do that in 1 step.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13513 is a reply to message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have access to one globals.php file.
and i can see the other copies.
so all i need to do is chmod all the copies of globals?
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13514 is a reply to message #13513] Tue, 14 October 2003 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You only need access to GLOBALS.php inside the include/ directory, the other GLOBALS.php are symlinks (not actual files).

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help cant get into admin section and im locked out of directories [message #13516 is a reply to message #13482] Tue, 14 October 2003 18:07 Go to previous message
Ok i can now get into the include directory but i cant run or access any files inside it.
even after using the script to change globals.php it remains undownloadable and un runibal.
if i put the script a made into the include directory i get access forbidion error.
You don't have permission to access /playground/FUDforum/include/adfix.php on this server.
adfix.php is the small script ive been using to change file premisions.
Contents of file
<?php
umask(0);
chmod("GLOBALS.php", 0777);
?>
i can however remove rename move edit and assort to the file just cant run in inside the include directory
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installation Script Failure - Parse errors and unexpected characters.
Next Topic: Problems uploading
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 07 06:21:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02458 seconds