FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » undefined function in RC3
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
undefined function in RC3 [message #14058] Tue, 04 November 2003 22:03 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
just by the time I wanted to look inside of my private messaging folders, I came to that one here:
error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tmpl_create_pager() in /home/virtual/site36/fst/var/www/html/forum/theme/default/pmsg.php on line 716

This happened with path info enabled. During upgrading there weren't any errors displayed and before upgrading private messaging worked with path info.
Also I noticed that with the new RC3 I'm not able to log in anymore here at the support forum unless I deactivate my filtering proxy. Dunno whether it's a bug or a feature, so I'm reporting it just in case Wink.

Olliver

edit: now I can't login at our forum too, despite the filtering proxy being disabled. Could this be connected with the same nickname I'm using? (password differs, however)

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2003 22:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: undefined function in RC3 [message #14059 is a reply to message #14058] Tue, 04 November 2003 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If you have trouble logging in, run the following query (replace table prefix as needed).

DELETE FROM fud25_ses WHERE sys_id='0';

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: undefined function in RC3 [message #14060 is a reply to message #14059] Tue, 04 November 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The missing function has been corrected in CVS.

The fix is to replace your pmsg.tmpl with the once attached and rebuild the theme.
  • Attachment: pmsg.tmpl.gz
    (Size: 0.60KB, Downloaded 619 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: undefined function in RC3 [message #14071 is a reply to message #14060] Tue, 04 November 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Thanks for your fix, Ilia
Regarding the login problem, it seems to be connected with a referrer check. If I allow the full referrer for sites on my whitelist (including fud.prohost.org) I can log in, however the default behavior of my proxy, to fake the root dir of HTTP_HOST doesn't work any longer as of RC 3. So it's a feature rather, I think I can get this sorted Wink.

Olliver
Re: undefined function in RC3 [message #14073 is a reply to message #14071] Wed, 05 November 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The referrer check works by seeing if their is a referrer (some times there isn't one) and if there is one try to match it against the forum's domain.

Could you please tell me what referrer does your proxy send?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: undefined function in RC3 [message #14076 is a reply to message #14073] Wed, 05 November 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
example: If I send a request to
http://foo.bar.com/foobar.php

and I came from the site
http://bar.foo.com/barfoo.php
which got a link to the first mentioned then my proxy will turn the HTTP_REFERRER to
http://foo.bar.com/

so it's actually taking the destination's root dir so inline checks of cgis are still working... well in most cases Smile

Olliver
Re: undefined function in RC3 [message #14077 is a reply to message #14076] Wed, 05 November 2003 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
ok, I just checked my access logs Wink.

I wonder how many other proxies have this 'feature'.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: undefined function in RC3 [message #14078 is a reply to message #14077] Wed, 05 November 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
The proxy is Privoxy and is primarily a filtering proxy (advertisement, webbugs, nosy scripts and more) and the feature itself isn't that dumb since most inline checks just look whether you came from the right domain. Completely blocking the referrer would result in a lot of broken pages whereas not blocking would result in a loss of privacy. So I guess it's a good solution that works in most cases. Sometimes you just don't want to let people know where you came from Wink

Olliver
Re: undefined function in RC3 [message #14079 is a reply to message #14078] Wed, 05 November 2003 00:28 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
I am going to think of how to implement a secondary check to prevent problems with proxies that work in a manner similar to yours.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: bug in Template Editor
Next Topic: Minor cr/lf bug.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 00:47:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03409 seconds