FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » it's possible change/add fields in the register form ?  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
it's possible change/add fields in the register form ? [message #12365] Wed, 06 August 2003 11:41 Go to next message
ignasi is currently offline  ignasi   Spain
Hi,

I need change some fields from the register form. I would like add some fields specifics of my job.

Also I would like to know if it's possible list all the users with same location (for exemple New York), or with the same ocupation.

anybody who can help me?

thanks and regards

Ignasi / Barcelona
Re: it's possible change/add fields in the register form ? [message #12368 is a reply to message #12365] Wed, 06 August 2003 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes it is possible.
You need to modify register.tmpl to add the HTML for the fields. Modify register.php.t to make it accept the field and last but not least modify users_reg.inc.t to insert/update/fetch data from users table.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: it's possible change/add fields in the register form ? [message #14084 is a reply to message #12368] Wed, 05 November 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brett is currently offline  Brett   Canada
Ilia wrote on Wed, 06 August 2003 09:23

Yes it is possible.
You need to modify register.tmpl to add the HTML for the fields. Modify register.php.t to make it accept the field and last but not least modify users_reg.inc.t to insert/update/fetch data from users table.

This is clear.

What is the best way to update the mysql schema?
I see the /sql directory with the CREATE.
Is this only invoked by install.php?
Should I just add the new fields to the database manually, or is there a better way to invoke the sql script? I guess I could update it then load it into mysql

I've just been exploring FUDforum for about a week now, after checking out phpBB (and trying fully modded). I preferred the look of FUDforum, the email list integration and the user manual. I'm a fairly experienced linux admin and a longtime programmer (mostly embedded C) and I'm learning php now. I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen! I agree with one poster that a few block comments would be helpful.

Rc2 blew up on me last Friday (not sure why) and I had to reinstall, but Rc3 was out so I loaded it. So far, so good, and I have been able to successfully modify some templates.

nice work! I'm looking forward to putting this to work Real Soon Now as a forum for Ottawa's new city Cycling Plan project.

Brett

[Updated on: Wed, 05 November 2003 05:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: it's possible change/add fields in the register form ? [message #14090 is a reply to message #14084] Wed, 05 November 2003 13:41 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The sql directory is not really used, I mean it is used, but not in a way you can use it. The only time it is used in 'user space' is when you run the data dump. Ideally you should apply your changes to the MySQL databases manually and modify the appropriate .tbl files to reflect the changes in the table structure.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Does anyone had the login-problem when checking "Use cookies"?
Next Topic: what is the path_info template ??
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 02:12:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01995 seconds