FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Semi-bug, slight misdesign? GET requests.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Semi-bug, slight misdesign? GET requests. [message #14143] Thu, 06 November 2003 04:34 Go to previous message
Xodnizel Test   United States
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html is a nice read on the difference between what various HTTP methods should do.

I still stand by my belief that POST requests should be used to change the state of something permanent, and not GET requests.

I've made a list of places in the normal forum where such requests are made(many are made in the admin control panel, but...), to counter that argument that there aren't many such places. :b

Buddy list functions, group manager, ignore list functions, "logout", lock/unlock topics, move threads(the actual move thread request is a GET request), some private message functions, subscription functions(including forum notification), and a few others.

I'm also concerned with the "single click" required to confirm a user after receiving the email. People could be easily tricked/confused into clicking the link when someone else made the registration request(and I wonder if any clients would preemptively fetch the link?).
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message