FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Permission Denied! on logout
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Permission Denied! on logout [message #6530] Tue, 15 October 2002 20:55 Go to next message
roedema   United States
upon logging out with either the administrator or a registered user I get,

Permission Denied!
Your user permissions do not allow you to perform the action you are attempting.

it happens about two out of every three times--there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I do disallow viewing of the forums for anonymous access, and hence login is required to even get a forum listing, but that doesn't explain why it doesn't happen every time.
Re: Permission Denied! on logout [message #6540 is a reply to message #6530] Wed, 16 October 2002 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Perphaps cookies cannot be set for some reason and that causes you to be required to login everytime.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Permission Denied! on logout [message #6556 is a reply to message #6540] Wed, 16 October 2002 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roedema   United States
prottoss wrote on Wed, 16 October 2002 10:02

Perphaps cookies cannot be set for some reason and that causes you to be required to login everytime.

no, it's not a cookie problem--I can login and will stay logged in through restarts of the browser. often times I do elect to log in without the use of cookies though. perhaps this is causing it, though this is still not intended operation I'm sure. the error is on logging out. I switch between administrator and a normal registered user, so I don't make any important changes by mistake (like not running as root or Administrator on a linux or NT box). it's not so much a problem as it is an annoyance, because it just requires clicking the OK button but is otherwise benign. most of the bugs I encounter are, thankfully. Smile wonderful program btw.
Re: Permission Denied! on logout [message #6559 is a reply to message #6530] Wed, 16 October 2002 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Which forum version are you using? This sounds suspiciously like a bug in old version where it would try to redirect you back to the page you were on when you logout without checking your access permissions.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Permission Denied! on logout [message #6571 is a reply to message #6559] Thu, 17 October 2002 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roedema   United States
that's what it seems like it's doing alright. if I'm on a page that an anonymous user would be able to access, I don't get the error. as for the version, I installed from 'FUDforum2_20020826.tar.gz', which was 2.3.0 according to the footer of my pages. has this been fixed since then?

I was going to edit the link to remove the "returnto", but upon further consideration, a return to the last page is infinitely useful for shared computers. if two forum users share a computer, one may be about to reply to a post just to realize they're logged in under the wrong name. is there a quick fix to have Logout go to the Login page, and then have the Login button go back to the last location? I noticed in the change log that in a newer version the user is taken to his last location upon login, but this is a little different. one might argue that this is somewhat intrusive to privacy, but it would only be good for a direct Logout/Login. should a user go to a different page (e.g. the home page) or another site, or close the browser, the next Login would direct the user to the home page (or his last location, as chosen by a Preference).

sorry, perhaps this should go in Suggestions?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 October 2002 07:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Permission Denied! on logout [message #6586 is a reply to message #6571] Thu, 17 October 2002 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yeah, that version still had the bug, upgrading to 2.3.2 should solve the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Permission Denied! on logout [message #14244 is a reply to message #6559] Tue, 11 November 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hy2jinxnc is currently offline  hy2jinxnc   United States

Ilia wrote on Wed, 16 October 2002 17:07

Which forum version are you using? This sounds suspiciously like a bug in old version where it would try to redirect you back to the page you were on when you logout without checking your access permissions.

I'm seeing this with v2.5.2 and 2.6.0RC4. Logged in user is viewing forum that requires login. Clicking logout at this point results in permission denied. If viewing forum that does not require login there is no problem (and you are redirected back to what you were viewing).
Re: Permission Denied! on logout [message #14275 is a reply to message #14244] Tue, 11 November 2003 18:46 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: bug in rc4 about SQ
Next Topic: Login / Cookie issues with RC4
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 08:40:57 GMT 2024