FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Login / Cookie issues with RC4
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Login / Cookie issues with RC4 [message #14251] Tue, 11 November 2003 12:22 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
right after updating to RC4 I'm seeing major annoyances regarding forum administration.

By the time I want to delete the update script via the filemanager and after having confirmed the deletion I'm getting logged off and can't log in anymore. The problem goes away if I manually delete the cookie however as a result the update script still lingers around. So I'm unable to delete it. It seems this effect is affecting any operation of the file manager. My guess is, referrer checks are made however they pick up a wrong path (maybe absolute path vs. relative path?).

Other operations like consistency checker or setting global options aren't affected by it.

The same problem already appears after having finished upgrading. If I choose to manually run the consistency check (following the link) I'm facing a login-prompt which doesn't accept my data.

No changes where made to my browser configuration or the servers settings, including the forum itself.

And it's happening independant from having HTTP_REFERER set to the destination's www-root dir (filtering proxy)

Olliver

Re: Login / Cookie issues with RC4 [message #14252 is a reply to message #14251] Tue, 11 November 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Another flavour of the same issue:

When the forum is enabled, I'm not able to use the admin control panel link it keeps reloading the index page instead.

Once I've deleted my cookie and click the panel link a login prompt will appear, which seems the only way to me to enter the panel, as clicking the link while being logged in just reloads the page.

Happens with path info enabled.

Olliver
Re: Login / Cookie issues with RC4 [message #14253 is a reply to message #14252] Tue, 11 November 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I just found the reason for the reload behaviour. It happens because my user id is passed over as query argument, however this leads to the failure. If I remove my id, just leaving the SQ=... variable I'm able to enter the panel as expected.

To illustrate it, here's an example:
http://the.server.org/adm/admglobal.php?SQ=12345678

this link works but isn't passed over by the link. Instead it looks like this:
http://the.server.org/adm/admglobal.php?1/?SQ=12345678

which fails ("1" representing the user id)

another alternative to make it work is to replace the first question mark with a slash:
http://the.server.org/adm/admglobal.php/1/?SQ=12345678

Which would be more consistant as what I'm used to with path info

HTH

Olliver

Re: Login / Cookie issues with RC4 [message #14254 is a reply to message #14253] Tue, 11 November 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Sorry for spamming the forum, but here's a last note from me.

The login issue seems to be connected with path info being enabled, once it has been disabled and the themes have been recompiled, at least this annoyance goes away. What remains is the broken file manager with the difference instead of being logged out the forum's main page is being loaded in the popup window. Needless to say that the update file still hasn't been deleted Wink

So least pain by the 2.6.0 series is caused by turning off path_info this is what I learned today Confused

Olliver
Re: Login / Cookie issues with RC4 [message #14271 is a reply to message #14254] Tue, 11 November 2003 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS. I'll release RC5 later on today or tommorow morning it'll have the necessary fixes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login / Cookie issues with RC4 [message #14279 is a reply to message #14271] Tue, 11 November 2003 18:55 Go to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Thanks Ilia Smile

Olliver
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Permission Denied! on logout
Next Topic: b0rked filemanger in RC5
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 03:18:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02974 seconds