FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » site integration/ adding links
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon10.gif  site integration/ adding links [message #14396] Thu, 13 November 2003 15:16 Go to next message
bobmurphy is currently offline  bobmurphy   Ireland
are there any general guidelines etc for integrating the forum into a website --- as opposed to just customising the colors fonts etc

i'm really asking about putting links on the forum itself, similar to the way the banner and links appear at the top of this site

also would there be a way of enclosing the entire forum in a scrolable div -- i tried editing the index.php file and adding the div and it worked pretty much how i wanted it except that as soon as i started working on a theme/template the file got overwritten -- maybe there is somewhere else in the code that i could put the scrolable div ( this is consistant with the rest of my site) that it would remain and not get overwritten
Re: site integration/ adding links [message #14399 is a reply to message #14396] Thu, 13 November 2003 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
header.tmpl & footer.tmpl allow to embed the forum within a layout/website of your choice. Simply put the header/footer elements you'd like into those 2 templates and rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon7.gif  Re: site integration/ adding links [message #14473 is a reply to message #14399] Fri, 14 November 2003 21:01 Go to previous message
bobmurphy is currently offline  bobmurphy   Ireland
Laughing Laughing Laughing

so in the end i got a basic integration done, thanks to an ingenious header and footer design ( i think you should shout more about how this makes intgration easy btw ) ....

i still have to customise the visuals ( as with the site iself also )

www.oneweekofdays.com/messageboard

thanks for all your help
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: php in header/footer
Next Topic: Posting to forum via mailing list - must files be unlocked?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 12:20:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02852 seconds