FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Turning off zlib compression?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Turning off zlib compression? [message #14412] Thu, 13 November 2003 19:52 Go to next message
Brett is currently offline  Brett   Canada
Hi,

I installed RC5 this week from CVS. I thought I had left out the "1' for zlib compression when I built the install script, but apparently not. My FDIforum/errors/sql_errors logfile looks like compressed text.

I have not yet finished the configuration of the forum yet. Is there a way I can turn off compression still?I assume this is why the file is not readable messages?

while I am basically testing a RC version I'd prefer to have everything in plain text to aid debugging and recovery from a crash. Last night I somehow accidently deleted the database password and the forum php code was reporting errors. I couldn't read the sql_errors file because the forum wasn't working..

If my understanding is correct that the logfile is partly compressed, IMO that's wrong. Logfiles are critical and need to be always readable. What system tool could I use to read the FUDform sql_errors logfile externally? Please consider keeping the logfile plain text. The sysadmin can run a log compressor/rotator if desired.

Thanks,

Brett
Re: Turning off zlib compression? [message #14415 is a reply to message #14412] Thu, 13 November 2003 20:13 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The sql_errors is not affected by the installer or zlib compression in anyway. The file is not compressed by is actually base64 encoded ALWAYS. You can use the FUDforum's error viewer admin control panel to view it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Admin 'seeing' invisible users
Next Topic: Hide several messages?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 01 23:25:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02831 seconds