FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Mysterious Problems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mysterious Problems [message #14354] Wed, 12 November 2003 21:40 Go to next message
jewe is currently offline  jewe   Germany
Hello,

I have some mysterious problems with RC4.
I don't have these problems on this support-forum - and I don't know if it's a bug or not Sad
You can try it on my forum (it's not in public use at the moment): http://www.freund24.de/forum (it's in german - but I think you know where to klick Wink )

I wanted to upload an avatar to my account. I uploaded it - and in the preview I am able to see it. But if I leave my profile (using the button "update") - I get back to the forum and the avatar is gone.

There are other related problems with the profile-editor (and even with the admins-menu, escpecially the template-editor):
If I do a change and save it - sometimes I am dropped back to the forum and the changes are gone. Next time I do the same changes they are saved. And if I saved a change successfully - and do some other changes I am allways dropped back to the forum and the changes are discarded.

In this support-forum I uploaded an avatar successfully - and cannot redo my problem.

(and something else: The template-system is very powerfull but hard to understand - I hope you will write a documentation for it.)

Greets,

Jens

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understood everything.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14355 is a reply to message #14354] Wed, 12 November 2003 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Upgrade to RC5 all of the unusual problems should go away. In RC4 the security checks are too strict and may cause problems.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14410 is a reply to message #14354] Thu, 13 November 2003 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I updated to RC5 - but the problems are still there:

I am not able to save my user-profile. I do some changes - an push "save" - then it seems that the changes have been saved.

But if I switch to an other menu - and then switch back to my profile-settings - all changes are reset to the previous values Sad

You can try it at: http://www.freund24.de/forum

(If I succeeded to change the new menubuttons - here a few translations you may need:
Anmelden = Login
Abmelden = Logout
Registrieren = register
Übersicht = Home
Eigenes Profil = Profile)

===============> I tried it a few seconds ago on this forum - its the same problem!

Thank you for your support !

Greets,
Jens

Greetings from Germany,

Jens

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2003 19:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14414 is a reply to message #14410] Thu, 13 November 2003 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What browser are you using? I certainly do not experience no such problems and I've tried 4 different browsers.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14416 is a reply to message #14354] Thu, 13 November 2003 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 (Windows XP)

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14420 is a reply to message #14416] Thu, 13 November 2003 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm I went to your forum registered, browsed a few pages, even closed the browser and came back few minutes later. And I am still logged in...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14427 is a reply to message #14420] Thu, 13 November 2003 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I confirm the issue (Mozilla 1.5, Linux):

It's partially solved. I mean, I can go away for a couple of hours or even close the browser and I remain logged in by the time I return back to the page, however if I disconnect and reconnect and get a different IP assigned I'm logged off and need to login again. I guess this was the behaviour meant to be for the IP feature. Unfortunately this behaviour persists even if it's explicitly turned off.

You can test it yourself by using a couple of proxy servers. For me it's 100% reproducable.

Olliver
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14430 is a reply to message #14427] Thu, 13 November 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Aha I see, I had the IP check condition reversed. The attached file fixes the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14523 is a reply to message #14354] Mon, 17 November 2003 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you.

I will try it tomorrow when I'm back in my office.

But the problems saving my profile still exist. I installed Netscape 7.1 - it's the same problem as with IE6.x . In my forum as well as in your support-forum. I entered for example my birthdate and saved it.
I clicked on "home" - and then I got back to my profile - and my birthdate is still empty.

Greets,
Jens

Greetings from Germany,

Jens

[Updated on: Mon, 17 November 2003 15:03]

Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14530 is a reply to message #14523] Mon, 17 November 2003 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Is this happening even with the cookies.inc.t I've attached? If you replaced the file, did you rebuild your theme(s) after changing the file?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14531 is a reply to message #14354] Mon, 17 November 2003 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is also happening in your support-forum.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14533 is a reply to message #14354] Mon, 17 November 2003 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, but I have problems including the cookies.inc.t - file.

Possibly I did not understand how to include it.
Replacing the cookies.inc with this file will result in no-access to the admins menu.

I will search a topic regarding .inc.t-files - maybe I find something about it.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14534 is a reply to message #14533] Mon, 17 November 2003 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to replace cookies.inc.t found inside src/ with the one attached. Once that is done, rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14535 is a reply to message #14354] Mon, 17 November 2003 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I updated it - and I still cannot upgrade my profile (even in your supportforum).

I will check the IP-Problem tomorrow in my office, but the Problem with the profile still resists.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14537 is a reply to message #14535] Mon, 17 November 2003 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you tried doing it today on this forum?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14539 is a reply to message #14354] Mon, 17 November 2003 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I tried it 5 seconds ago - with the same effect.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14544 is a reply to message #14539] Mon, 17 November 2003 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Strange... I have no idea why it is happening. Perphaps more importantly I cannot replicate the problem. Judjing by the error log your IP had not changed (not that it would matter now), the SQ was passed etc... and the error log shows no errors.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14545 is a reply to message #14354] Mon, 17 November 2003 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOOO SORRYYYYY !!!!

I found it. It was not a problem of your great forum - but a problem of my stupid eyes.

You have to enter your password to save your profile. In the forums I used before - that was not. There was the password-field only for changing the password.
So I didn't enter the password - and haven't seen the error-message Sad

I'm really so sorry !

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14587 is a reply to message #14354] Tue, 18 November 2003 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The login-bug is allready there.

I tried it a few minutes ago in the office (where IP-addresses changes) - and it don't work.

I wanted to edit the template - and I had to login about 20 times until I could see the forum.css. Saving the template failed because the forum asked again for login Sad

It's the same problem with Internet Explorer 6.0 AND Netscape 7.1 !

Greetings from Germany,

Jens

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2003 09:37]

Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14595 is a reply to message #14587] Tue, 18 November 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Sorry I hadn't the time to make any further reports the last days, been too busy with programming. As a summary I can confirm what Jewe is seeing. By the time the IP address has changed I'm getting logged out and need to re-enter my data. Happens on any forum running RC6.

Apart from that RC6 seems to be running fine (at least viewn from the features I'm making use of)

Olliver
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #14601 is a reply to message #14595] Tue, 18 November 2003 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Please send me your GLOBALS.php file so I can see the forum's settings and try to replicate the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mysterious Problems [message #15153 is a reply to message #14354] Thu, 04 December 2003 07:22 Go to previous message
Hello,

back from vacation I updated to RC 9 - and the login-problem is gone.

Thank you for your support - well done!

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: v2.6.0.RC8 Quote toolbar button broken
Next Topic: code /php display borked in RC 9
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 00:26:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02759 seconds