FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Collapse state after upgrade
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Collapse state after upgrade [message #14246] Tue, 11 November 2003 05:36 Go to next message
hy2jinxnc is currently offline  hy2jinxnc   United States

After upgrading from 2.5.2 to 2.6.0RC2 (and then to RC4) I noticed that one category I had set not to be collapsible now is. Original settings for that category were Collapsible = No, Default view = Open. After upgrade it showed, in Category Management System's table of existing categories, Collapsible = No, Default view = Collapsed and displays collapsed and can be expanded.

If I click on Edit Category, for that category, it shows the values to be as originally set (C=No, DV=Open). If I change the value to C=Yes and DV=Open it displays as not collapsible. If I edit again it shows the values to be C=Yes and DV=Collapsed. Then if I change it to C=No and DV=Open, or any other combination at this point, it stays displaying (in the forum view) as C=No and DV=Open.

It appears that creating a new category and changing it's views works almost as expected. Right now I change change the ability to collapse but cannot seem to change the view (always shows expanded even when Category Management System's table shows the value to be Collapsed).
Re: Collapse state after upgrade [message #14257 is a reply to message #14246] Tue, 11 November 2003 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jewe is currently offline  jewe   Germany
I have a relating problem:

When I create new Categories, I want to start them whit default view collapsed - but they allways start opened. In Category-Management in Adminsmenu they are shown as "collapsed".

Greets,
Jens

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Collapse state after upgrade [message #14270 is a reply to message #14257] Tue, 11 November 2003 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Collapse state after upgrade [message #14374 is a reply to message #14246] Thu, 13 November 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jewe is currently offline  jewe   Germany
Hello,

there is already a small problem.

I can now change the categories to "collapsed" - and they are collapsed. But in admins-menu there is shown "default view: opened"...

Greets,

Jens

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Collapse state after upgrade [message #14393 is a reply to message #14374] Thu, 13 November 2003 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Collapse state after upgrade [message #14443 is a reply to message #14393] Fri, 14 November 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hy2jinxnc is currently offline  hy2jinxnc   United States

I'm assuming the fix made it to RC5 since your message was posted before RC5's date stamp. If so, it is now working. However in the table on the "Category Management System" page, in the "Default View" column it is showing the opposite value of what is selected. Ex. if a category is set to Open the table slows Collapsed. Just a visual thing. The forum displays as specified.
Re: Collapse state after upgrade [message #14452 is a reply to message #14443] Fri, 14 November 2003 14:37 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yeah, that's already fixed and the fix will be in the next release.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FAQ does not describe [php]
Next Topic: Problems to remain logged-in too
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 08:42:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04653 seconds