FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Posting to forum via mailing list - must files be unlocked?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Posting to forum via mailing list - must files be unlocked? [message #14474] Fri, 14 November 2003 21:24 Go to next message
hari is currently offline  hari   United States
Hello - I've gotten FUDforum2 to work with a mailing list so that I can post either to the forum or to the list and have the messages show up properly.

In order to do this, all forum files must be unlocked, as it says in big red letters on the Mailing List Manager page. If I lock the files, forum posts go to the mailing list but not vice versa.

Is it a security risk to leave the files unlocked? If so, is there a limited set of files I can copy to another location and lock the rest of the forum files?

Thanks,
Hari Nair
Re: Posting to forum via mailing list - must files be unlocked? [message #14475 is a reply to message #14474] Fri, 14 November 2003 21:36 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
On a secure server there is little harm (if any) to leave the files unlocked. Otherwise, in ideal situation you'd have the files locked.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: site integration/ adding links
Next Topic: How to "lock" threads (no reply allowed)?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 10:23:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02434 seconds