FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » where are the messages stored
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
where are the messages stored [message #14492] Sun, 16 November 2003 01:47 Go to next message
masselinkies is currently offline  masselinkies   Netherlands
When I post a forum message (create topic) then i see that many words are stored in the fudxx_search table from th mysql database. But not all words are stored.
So where are the whole messages stored?
Are they stored as <file>.atch file in the forum/file directory.
Or somewhere else?
I think the atch files are somehow coded. Any algorithm around to undecode them.

Reason that I ask is that I want to retrieve back all messages from my forum which heavilly crashed and got corrupted. I have a backup of the whole directories in a zip file so I can use these files to start hacking. I canot use these files and simply put them on the server, this does not work.

Regards, Hans
Re: where are the messages stored [message #14496 is a reply to message #14492] Sun, 16 November 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The messages are stored in msg_1 file, which can be found inside the messages/ directory. From there they are retrieved using offsets stored in the database.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: where are the messages stored [message #14497 is a reply to message #14492] Sun, 16 November 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many many thanks Ilia and also thanks for the excellent replies and quick replies you always have!!!!
Now I know how to get back the most relevant data!!
My weekend can't be worse anymore
/Hans Cool
Re: where are the messages stored [message #14499 is a reply to message #14492] Sun, 16 November 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,

Just one more stupid question:
if I open this msg_1 file in my browser with the http address then I can read all messages, including the messages that should not be seen by some members.
I guess there is nothing to do about it.
Note this installed FUD version is 2.3.8. I guess the same applies for 2.5.2??
Or is it because the user rights of the directory are wrong?

Regards, Hans
pls. note that almost all settings for all directories are changed on my forum by the administrator to global rights for everyone.
Re: where are the messages stored [message #14506 is a reply to message #14499] Sun, 16 November 2003 18:21 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The recommended install procedure would have you put the data directories outside of web browseable directories making it impossible to open sensetive files with a browser.

2.6.0 (final) will have a .htaccess directive to protect the directory from direct web access , if the directory is web browseable.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Importing mbox file with maillist.php fails with mysql error
Next Topic: changing the templates
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 04:21:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02760 seconds