FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » cookie and timeout question
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  cookie and timeout question [message #14519] Mon, 17 November 2003 14:02 Go to next message
bobmurphy is currently offline  bobmurphy   Ireland
i have the cookie timeout set to 3628800 which i believe is about 6 weeks, as this would suit the nature of my forum better ... are there any concerns with doing this ... actually a much longer period like 6 months or a year would suit me even better if this was not a problem.

also concerning the session timeout, in the manual it says not to set this too high for security reasons. What is a good example of a maximum ?? ( my site would not need to be particularly secure as there is very little on there that anyone would be interested in sabotaging i think and there is a pretty low traffic rate at the moment ) ... just your best guess if possible
Re: cookie and timeout question [message #14520 is a reply to message #14519] Mon, 17 November 2003 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Session timeout is only needed if you permit URL sessions. If you use URL sessions I'd recommend keeping it no more then 24 minutes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: cookie and timeout question [message #14541 is a reply to message #14519] Mon, 17 November 2003 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bobmurphy is currently offline  bobmurphy   Ireland
bobmurphy wrote on Mon, 17 November 2003 14:02

i have the cookie timeout set to 3628800 which i believe is about 6 weeks, as this would suit the nature of my forum better ... are there any concerns with doing this ... actually a much longer period like 6 months or a year would suit me even better if this was not a problem.

would you be able to answer this also, thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 17 November 2003 16:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cookie and timeout question [message #14542 is a reply to message #14541] Mon, 17 November 2003 16:51 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Long term sessions are fine.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: changing the templates
Next Topic: Which style in forum.css for "find user" popup?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 03:19:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02883 seconds