FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Installation NOT Possible
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installation NOT Possible [message #13301] Mon, 29 September 2003 15:10 Go to next message
sirco is currently offline  sirco   Germany
When I go through the Forum I see Installation Problems all over... The unlucky part is that I have them Too. The installer just does Not Work. I start to ask me "Why do the Developers not give out the files in an .zip Extractable Archive, and let users upload them themselves" This would probably solve many problems people are getting ...

I have Uploaded the non Zlib Compressed Installer as tar.gz , Extracted them directly on the Commandline on my ISP. Went to the Install.php in the Browser and got the Following.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=6) state=1 in /home/www/basic/account/forum/install.php on line 33707

Parse error: parse error in /home/www/basic/account/forum/install.php on line 33707
-------------------------------------------------------------

Periode End of the Story. There was no Programm involved which could change anything when It was decrompressed. I mean the Linux Tar command would not alter anything of the Code wouldn't it ?

so what can I do now ???

Download another Forum and just leave Fudforum as an uninstallable Option ???

Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13304 is a reply to message #13301] Mon, 29 September 2003 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Which version of the installer did you download?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13305 is a reply to message #13304] Mon, 29 September 2003 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUDforum_2-5-2.tar.gz (md5 checksum: 5b2bc9d565399f566c862667dec2b6e3)

this one
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13310 is a reply to message #13305] Mon, 29 September 2003 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What is the md5sum of the install.php script?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13311 is a reply to message #13310] Mon, 29 September 2003 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how can i find that out ??
Is it a comand which shows it on linux ?
which one..
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13312 is a reply to message #13311] Mon, 29 September 2003 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't there a link where you can download the whole files as just files in an archive or so, and do a manual installation.. maybe it would work then...
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13313 is a reply to message #13312] Mon, 29 September 2003 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can download the files from CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13314 is a reply to message #13313] Mon, 29 September 2003 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The md5sum of a file, can be obtained this way:

md5sum [filename]

Please generate md5sum both of the tar.gz file & the install.php files.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13319 is a reply to message #13314] Mon, 29 September 2003 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
md5sum fud.tar.gz
5b2bc9d565399f566c862667dec2b6e3 fud.tar.gz

md5sum install.php
e861a165e86faab263ade65e1e3cd67e install.php

hope this helps
(I renamed the Installfile to fud.tar.gz just because I was to lazy to type in the whole name.. this should however not affect anything I guess)

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2003 20:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #13323 is a reply to message #13319] Mon, 29 September 2003 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The md5sums are correct, you have the correct files, I've downloaded the installer just now and can confirm the files are correct. However, my PHP finds nothing wrong with the install script and happily runs it.
(You can check validity of the script by running "php -l install.php").

Which PHP version are you using, are you using Apache sapi or cgi?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #14572 is a reply to message #13301] Mon, 17 November 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murder4Al is currently offline  Murder4Al   Belgium
This just to notity I have exacly the same problem on my system.
The md5's are exacly the same as the poster abowe.
I did install 2.3.8 in the past with no problem.

Also the lastest 2.6.0 build (rc6) does not has this problem, but that one failes wgen verifying it's own integrity (probaby a mistake in the md5 self-check or so)

I gave apache 1.3.26 and php 4.2.2

Greetz
Kobe
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #14574 is a reply to message #14572] Mon, 17 November 2003 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
There is no mistake in the md5 check. How did you decompress the install script? I suspect something in this process modified the install script and caused the problem you are seeing.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon9.gif  Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #14665 is a reply to message #13301] Wed, 19 November 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peduso is currently offline  peduso   Germany
Hi,

I have the same problem. Installation works on a machine with this php info:
Quote:

PHP Version 4.3.3

System Linux linux 2.4.20-4GB #1 Wed Aug 6 18:26:21 UTC 2003 i586
Build Date Oct 1 2003 21:07:57
Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/opt/lampp' '--with-apxs2=/opt/lampp/bin/apxs' '--with-config-file-path=/opt/lampp/etc' '--with-mysql' '--disable-debug' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ctype' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-exif' '--enable-filepro' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-imgstrttf' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sigchild' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-yp' '--with-ftp' '--with-gdbm=/opt/lampp' '--with-jpeg-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-png-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-tiff-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-freetype-dir=/opt/lampp' '--without-xpm' '--with-zlib=yes' '--with-zlib-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-openssl=/opt/lampp' '--with-expat-dir=/opt/lampp' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot=/opt/lampp' '-with-ming=/opt/lampp' '--with-dom=/opt/lampp' '--with-ldap=/opt/lampp' '--with-ncurses=/opt/lampp' '--with-gd' '--with-imap-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-imap=/opt/lampp' '--with-gettext=/opt/lampp' '--with-mssql=/opt/lampp' '--with-interbase=/opt/interbase' '--with-mysql-sock=/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-oci8=shared'
Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /opt/lampp/etc/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20021010
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, https, ftps, compress.zlib

But it refuses installation on this machine:

Quote:

PHP Version 4.2.3

System Linux imageserver.ispgateway.de 2.4.20 #3 SMP Wed Dec 4 08:35:41 CET 2002 i686 unknown
Build Date Dec 13 2002 14:30:38
Configure Command './configure' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-gd' '--with-ftp' '--with-pdflib' '--disable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-calendar' '--with-jpeg-dir=../jpeg-6b/' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-gettext' '--with-zlib-dir=../zlib-1.1.3/' '--with-png-dir=../libpng-1.0.6/' '--with-pgsql' '--with-gdbm' '--with-db2' '--with-ndbm' '--with-db' '--with-imap' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-swf=/usr/lib/libswf' '--enable-memory-limit' '--with-dom' '--with-curl' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-gnu-ld' '--with-zlib' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-sablot-js=/usr/include/js'
Server API CGI
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib/php.ini
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled

Its the same file, most recent version of FUD.
I tried an older version of FUD with the same result.

Peter
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #14671 is a reply to message #14665] Wed, 19 November 2003 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I take it you arey trying to install RC6?

At what stage does the installation fail?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation NOT Possible [message #14681 is a reply to message #14671] Wed, 19 November 2003 15:20 Go to previous message
peduso is currently offline  peduso   Germany
hi,

I took the latest stable release and i took an older one and both resulted in

Quote:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=31) state=1 in /kunden/dpsgbergischland.de/webseiten/FUDforum2/install.php on line 924

This is for release 2.3.9 i think for the latest stable release the linenumber is bigger.

But now i tried the RC6 and *yeah* it works.

What does this teach me? "Every time try the latest version before bothering the developers!"

Thanks for your quick answer.

Peter

[Updated on: Wed, 19 November 2003 15:21]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: index.php displaying the code
Next Topic: Looks good, some questions though...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 06:19:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06563 seconds