FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » cant delete scripts directory
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  cant delete scripts directory [message #14750] Wed, 19 November 2003 22:33 Go to next message
bobmurphy is currently offline  bobmurphy   Ireland
i have made a new install of the forum in a different directory on my site and now i'm trying to remove the old instation - so i am deleting all the files from the old FUDforum directory which i had renamed to FUDforumOLD before i made the new installation - but i cant delete the script directory inside the GLOBALS.php directory
. i also will need to delete the original instalation folder aswel - are there any files/directories in there that need special work to delete
Re: cant delete scripts directory [message #14753 is a reply to message #14750] Wed, 19 November 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Before manually deleting the files, you should always "Unlock" forum's files to give you write/delete access. Alternatively you can use the uninstall script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: cant delete scripts directory [message #14756 is a reply to message #14750] Wed, 19 November 2003 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bobmurphy is currently offline  bobmurphy   Ireland
i couldnt access the admin pannel to unlock the files and i didnt want to use the uninstall script because i had renamed the folder and now had a new FUDfolder so i presume running the uninstall will affect the wrong folder - is there a workaround - i would rather not have undeletable redundant folders on the server if possible ??
Re: cant delete scripts directory [message #14762 is a reply to message #14756] Wed, 19 November 2003 23:48 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
write a small php script do it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Which style in forum.css for "find user" popup?
Next Topic: who is 2147483647
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 03:15:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02353 seconds