FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » manual install
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
manual install [message #14768] Thu, 20 November 2003 01:18 Go to next message
masselinkies is currently offline  masselinkies   Netherlands
Hi,

I installed FUD 2.5.2 I do a big manual transfer from 1 site to the other and I think I am doing it in a pretty coordinated way, but I have a problem and need some extra help.

1) I imported all SQL tables in the 2.5.2 forum, I took care about double user_id's and other things that could be double. But everything went great! One table (_groups) had the fields res and res_id and in 2.5.2 it was removed so I removed them here from the sql dump.
2) Then I copied the file msg_1 from the 2.3.8 forum to this new server with 2.5.2 running.

Now I can see all members luckily, but I dont see the forums. When I click home then it is empty. (I removed the Test Category)
The SQL has a forum with ID 2 ).
Also when I click 'login' then it asks me if I am under 13 or not and I should register. This makes no sense to me because all members are in the table.

Do I also need more file from the forum directory that contains setup info?? (themes?????)

In 2.3.8 I changed a little bit in the templates, nothing special basically.

I know I am close to the solution but I really would appreciate some help in this.

Here are all tables that I imported from 2.3.8 in 2.5.2:
_cat, _forum, _ groups, _group_esources, _group_members, _ann_forus, _announce, _buddy, _forum_read, _index, _level, _msg, _msg_report, _pmsg, _read, _search, _thread, _thread_notify, _thread_view, _title_index, _user_ignore, _ses. I did not import _attach.

Best regards,
Hans

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2003 01:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: manual install [message #14769 is a reply to message #14768] Thu, 20 November 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Removing those 2 fields outright was a bad idea, because they are used to associate forums with their primary groups. Without them your forums are now left without permission, hence you do not see them.

Try running the consistency checker (if you didn't do so already), I add fix code for missing group/forum association in one version but forget which one ;P

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: manual install [message #14770 is a reply to message #14769] Thu, 20 November 2003 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,

I did not remove them from the new 2.5.2 forum those fields, these fields do not exist in 2.5.2.
I can not go to the admin part because I can not login, I have to register Sad So is there some tool around that can do the consistency check??
Here is a sql dump from 2.5.2, note res and res_id are not there,
also note that the field: forum_id is 0 in most cases in the table _forum my id's start at 1 and go up, 0 does not exist (maybe this is the fault then??):
CREATE TABLE fud25_groups (
id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
name char(255) NOT NULL default '',
inherit_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
joinmode enum('NONE','PUBLIC','MODERATED') NOT NULL default 'NONE',
forum_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
p_VISIBLE enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_READ enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_POST enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_REPLY enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_EDIT enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_DEL enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_STICKY enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_POLL enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_FILE enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_VOTE enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_RATE enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_SPLIT enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_LOCK enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_MOVE enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_SML enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
p_IMG enum('I','Y','N') NOT NULL default 'N',
PRIMARY KEY (id),
KEY forum_id (forum_id),
KEY inherit_id (inherit_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

#
# Dumping data for table `fud25_groups`
#

INSERT INTO fud25_groups VALUES (3, 'TestForum', 0, 'NONE', 1, 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y');
INSERT INTO fud25_groups VALUES (1, 'Global Anonymous Access', 0, 'NONE', 0, 'Y', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N');
INSERT INTO fud25_groups VALUES (2, 'Global Registered Access', 0, 'NONE', 0, 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'Y', 'Y');

And here the sql from 2.3.8 so you see res and res_id are in this version:
INSERT INTO fud25_groups (id, name, inherit_id, joinmode, res, res_id, p_VISIBLE, p_READ, p_POST, p_REPLY, p_EDIT, p_DEL, p_STICKY, p_POLL, p_FILE, p_VOTE, p_RATE, p_SPLIT, p_LOCK, p_MOVE, p_SML, p_IMG) VALUES ( '3', 'TestForum', '0', 'NONE', 'forum', '1', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y');
Re: manual install [message #14771 is a reply to message #14770] Thu, 20 November 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
They are replaced by forum_id field.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon11.gif  Re: manual install [message #14788 is a reply to message #14768] Thu, 20 November 2003 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,

Right! I changed it manually so this should be better,
only 1 thing left: If I open the forum on the web then it is still empty and I saw this must be because the table: fud25_group_cache was also empty, (easy to reproduce).

Are all these tables: group_cache, group_members, group_resources so very important then to show the forum onscreen. I thought: cache can be empty, group_members: no clue, group_resources: the link between forum_id and group_id.
But as it seems now: group cache is very important.

Best regards, Hans
Re: manual install [message #14794 is a reply to message #14788] Thu, 20 November 2003 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you run consistency checker it will repopulate the group_cache table.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: manual install [message #14804 is a reply to message #14794] Fri, 21 November 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I can do that.
Does it also totally recreate these 2 tables if they are empty?:
fud25_group_resources and fud25_group_cache
These tables are because of the field resource_type a bit more awkward to create yourself. So I want to clear these tables and then run the consistency. tool.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2003 00:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: manual install [message #14806 is a reply to message #14804] Fri, 21 November 2003 00:23 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
group_cache is pretty much recreated when you run a consistency checker. However the group_resources should be populated.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Looks good, some questions though...
Next Topic: Cannot upgrade from 2.5.3RC3 to 2.6.0rc6
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 02:26:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03316 seconds