FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Problem with Textfields
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problem with Textfields [message #15186] Fri, 05 December 2003 08:41 Go to next message
jewe is currently offline  jewe   Germany
Hello,

I have problems editing the text-fields while entering a text. When I want to edit a previous word - and click with my mouse on that word - the cursor will not move his position.

On your forum it works fine - but in mine (RC9) ist buggy.

On my forum ( http://www.freund24.de ) you can try it in the forum "Test" - there you can open new messages without beeing logged-in.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Problem with Textfields [message #15187 is a reply to message #15186] Fri, 05 December 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I am using Mozilla Firebird and see no problems on your forum test.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with Textfields [message #15192 is a reply to message #15186] Fri, 05 December 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have the Problem with IE 6.x - my girlfriend and at least one of our users too.
I tried it with netscape - that works. It seems to be a problem especially between the ms-internet-explorer and my forum.

It is not possible to mark -for example- the word "Problem" in this Text with my mouse - while it works using the cursor-keys.
Sometimes it works after a few tries - if I changed from one edit-field to another and back.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
Re: Problem with Textfields [message #15193 is a reply to message #15192] Fri, 05 December 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've tried using IE 6.0 on my test forum & on this forum and that works fine as well...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with Textfields [message #15204 is a reply to message #15193] Fri, 05 December 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I've seen this too on Mozilla 1.5 w/ Linux. It happens from time to time, but my impression is, this is a Mozilla specific bug. In fact, textfield weirdness has been a traditional problem since the old pre 1.0.0 days, though with different variations. The loveliest one ever had been a locked caret when trying to enter a new URL... Nothing much you can do except submitting a patch to Mozilla Wink

Olliver
Re: Problem with Textfields [message #15205 is a reply to message #15204] Fri, 05 December 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've seen a Mozilla bug which sometimes prevents me from typing into the URL bar. But that happens totally randomly and not specific to any website or web application. The only common demoninator that I found was this usually happens when my system is experiencing heavy load.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with Textfields [message #15214 is a reply to message #15205] Fri, 05 December 2003 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Yes, that's exactly the one I was thinking of. It's a Mozilla classic and so are the issues with text fields. For instance there's also a highlighting issue with textfields, also happening randomly and only after a longer session with many windows opened and a large history.

These issues aren't related to FUD and closing the windows and restarting the application solves the issue.

Olliver
Re: Problem with Textfields [message #15235 is a reply to message #15186] Sat, 06 December 2003 16:35 Go to previous message
No, it happenes only at this forum.

I start IE, go into my FUD-Forum - and the error occurs.

Then I go into an other Forum - and there's no problem with the textfields.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: usage of url tag fails with relative links
Next Topic: forced size of icons
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 18:28:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02616 seconds