FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » I just see changes in the header with my admin PC and nobody else, WHY?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
I just see changes in the header with my admin PC and nobody else, WHY? [message #15307] Tue, 09 December 2003 22:32 Go to next message
mr.stirling is currently offline  mr.stirling   Germany
HI All,

I did changes in the header via the Template Editor in header.tmpl.

I changed the Title, keywords etc. in the head.

Also I put a logo in and some words. Finish with: Save changes

Everething works fine as far I see the forum on my PC. Title, logo, source code in the browser etc. everything is there.

BUT: If I use a other PC than I miss all changes in the header. Can you tell me why?

Thanks

mr.stirling
Re: I just see changes in the header with my admin PC and nobody else, WHY? [message #15309 is a reply to message #15307] Tue, 09 December 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Because you've probably created a new theme and only your admin account is using that theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I just see changes in the header with my admin PC and nobody else, WHY? [message #15310 is a reply to message #15307] Tue, 09 December 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI Ilia,

thanks for the fast answer. You are right. I pressed right now "Rebuild Theme" at Theme Management and it works now.

---------------
Your forum is really cool. Definitely I will recommend it. I tries some other forum software and yours is for me the best.

Thanks

mr.stirling
Now I NOT just see changes if I logged in [message #15492 is a reply to message #15307] Wed, 17 December 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI again,

Now I see the changes just If I'm logged out. As far I logged in (as admin or guest) I have the old template again. E.g. I did changes in the header that I can see just If I logged out. Changes were done via the Template Editor and saved and afterwards usage of Rebuild Theme

Thanks

mr.stirling
Re: Now I NOT just see changes if I logged in [message #15504 is a reply to message #15492] Wed, 17 December 2003 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Change your theme to (in your profile) to the new theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Now I NOT just see changes if I logged in [message #15519 is a reply to message #15504] Wed, 17 December 2003 19:20 Go to previous message
Thanks, I created a new theme and after deleting my old one it was working.

cu
mr.stirling
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Errors with Themes
Next Topic: install issus?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 15:26:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01901 seconds