FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » watch your prefix's (not a bug)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
watch your prefix's (not a bug) [message #15608] Tue, 23 December 2003 02:51 Go to next message
firepages is currently offline  firepages   Australia
Hi , just a note to others , that during an re-installation or data-import (unsure which one) any tables in your nominated database with the same DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX will be removed.

Perhaps a warning somewhere about this ? , I appreciate that this is why you have prefixes and I should have considered this in the first place and was completely avoidable , but an easy mistake to make.

The reason ? I have some CMS stuff that relies totally on FUD and it made sense to me at the time to utilise the same table prefix to catagorise the tables usage... living and learning Embarassed

Anyway RC11 upgrade (and a seperate install) otherwise seamless, excellent as per usual.
Re: watch your prefix's (not a bug) [message #15609 is a reply to message #15608] Tue, 23 December 2003 04:00 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Unless you are using PostgreSQL then the culprit is data import. I will add better warning messages to the process.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Help for a friend
Next Topic: Bug with display Today's messages
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 02:58:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02510 seconds