FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » GLOBAL settings confusions in 2.6.0 vs 2.5.x
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
GLOBAL settings confusions in 2.6.0 vs 2.5.x [message #15899] Fri, 09 January 2004 01:20 Go to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
I have just installed anew the 2.6.0 first time now after 2.5.3RC3 and now have a few confusion about seetings:

1) You have the entry for $MAX_LOGGEDIN_USERS from GLOBALS twice in the main admin config...

2) I don't see in GLOBALS disallowing session urls variable any more, while there is such an option on the admglobal page. Where is it gone? Did the process for setting URL sessid became automatic if the user's browser does not accept cookies? And what is SQ in the url standing for at all if not sessid? And what is empty S= standing for?
I'm afraid that it's my weakest comprehension point - for the use of cookies (had previous version on local machine not logging me in without URL sessions at all... - no solution)

3) What the "name" field in profile (and database for that matter) is used for in the forum? I can't see it anywhere...

4) What the $SITE_HOME_PAGE in GLOBALS.php is used for? I havent' found it referenced anywhere on settings page or in display views...

Lady of Avalon
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How make many ranks for user?
Next Topic: multiple urls for different languages?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:36:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.19661 seconds