FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » XML Aggregation Refinements
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: XML Aggregation Refinements [message #161469 is a reply to message #161468] Mon, 28 December 2009 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
jm2morri wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 11:33
fudidudi wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 09:48
I would recommend http://pipes.yahoo.com - An interactive feed aggregator and manipulator webservice.

Thanks for that suggestion. I had heard about pipes but didn't really understand what it can do. That is really powerful and I can make use of that. Doing some filtering in FUDforum aggregates would be useful and more direct but this is a good work around.

OK, I think I figured out yahoo pipes (at least enough to get something) but I get the following errors and warnings when I try to run the sync'ing script. The RSS feed URL looks good. Maybe it doesn't like the "--" at the end of it?

-----

Fetching XML data from feed://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/person.info?_out=rss&display=pipes&eyu id=BJS_ZhY5pTFKEkCzXEflnA--
PHP Notice: DOMDocument::load(): Unable to find the wrapper "feed" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /var/data/fudforum_data/scripts/xmlagg.php on line 81
PHP Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity " feed://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/person.info?_out=rss&display=pipes&eyu id=BJS_ZhY5pTFKEkCzXEflnA--" in /var/data/fudforum_data/scripts/xmlagg.php on line 81
Done!
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Synchronize Forum To An RSS Feed
Next Topic: Activity Statistics