FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Hide Post?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Hide Post? [message #16248] Thu, 22 January 2004 11:28 Go to next message
mocara is currently offline  mocara   United Kingdom
I've read the documents so please excuse me if this is covered and I missed it.

I would like to enable certain users to have certain admin privs were by they can 'hide' a post. I can have a moderator now who can delete a post, but this gives me no option as an admin to reinstate the post.

Have I got this right or am I missunderstanding the docs?

Is this a possible new feature?

Pais.
Re: Hide Post? [message #16285 is a reply to message #16248] Sun, 25 January 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There is no way to 'hide' a single post. You can prevent a user from seeing a forum for example, but you cannot say that user or a group of users cannot see a particular topic/message inside the forum.

The only way to hide it, would be to move the topic into a private forum where it would not be visible to non-privileged users.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Hide Post? [message #16288 is a reply to message #16285] Sun, 25 January 2004 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Sun, 25 January 2004 11:27

The only way to hide it, would be to move the topic into a private forum where it would not be visible to non-privileged users.

Excellent. So I would be able to give someone the power to move a topic to a hidden forum that I can later check and move things back from. I could do this without giving a person delete privs.

Only problem I see is this will only allow someone to move a wholle topic, not a post within a topic which they for seem reason or other would like me to delete.

Regards.
Re: Hide Post? [message #16290 is a reply to message #16288] Sun, 25 January 2004 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, you can give a person the ability to move topics without allowing them to actually delete topics & messages. Actually you can 'split' away messages from a topic into a separate topic and then move those separated messages.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Hide Post? [message #16291 is a reply to message #16290] Sun, 25 January 2004 16:46 Go to previous message
Ilia wrote on Sun, 25 January 2004 11:44

Actually you can 'split' away messages from a topic into a separate topic and then move those separated messages.

This sounds like the solution for me. Thanks again.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum reference sites?
Next Topic: Little glitch when upgrading
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 15:38:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03105 seconds